Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4316 10/02/00 07:55 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Mo Miller is transmitting on sideband.Many houses are damaged but no serious injuries reported. Rico Novelo reported on cell that damage is greatest in the small buildings on the west side.It is flooding and cold rain is falling in hard winds. Many trees have fallen on roofs. Roof is off at the Split and the schools roof is damaged. AP reports from a flyover that about forty houses appear badly damaged. The people are hurting but largely OK. Dane

Cheers Dane
#4317 10/02/00 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Dane,

Thank you so much for the information. We have had so little on Caye Caulker. Where did you find the AP report???

your neighbor to the front
Holli

#4318 10/02/00 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Dane,

Thanks for the info on caye caulker. I have been trying to find out how people are managing out there.

-Jorge

#4319 10/02/00 09:14 PM
J
J
Thanks for the updated report about Caye Caulker! Sure am worried how everyone is there. My brother, Jim Crawford, a retired gentleman from California lives there on the backside of the island and am waiting news. Guess it will be a few days before communications are restored. Our prayers are with everyone! God Bless, Judy from San Diego, CA

#4320 10/02/00 09:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
This is Bob Spagnolo from Eugene, Oregon. My son Anthony should be with Rico Novelo and his family on Caye Caulker. I need word on how Anthony and his mom are. I appreciate any info.

#4321 10/02/00 09:40 PM
Folks, I just spoke with Irene Miller who is in Austin, Texas right now. She and her husband Mo own the Lazy Iguana Bed & Breakfast on Caye Caulker. Mo is on Caye Caulker and Irene has just talked with him via Ham radio tonight (about 8:00 PM, Oct. 2) and she asked me to tell all those concerned the following:
Aparently there are no serious injuries to anyone on Caye Caulker. There is lots of devastation on the island, specifically, many small homes are gone. The wind is still 30-40 mph this evening with cold rain. People are in good spirits.
Irene is planning to go to Belize on Thursday (Oct. 5) and will take with her, any E-mail messages that people want to send. However, you should wait until Wednesday evening to send any messages to her as they may not be necessary by then. Her E-mail address is --> [email protected]

Ham radio operators can contact Mo (or Charles) at 14.265 mhz. Mo's Call Sign is V31EM.
Irene or I will continue to report information from Mo as we get it.
Regards, Jim Schwobel

#4322 10/02/00 10:14 PM
S
S
Dane: Many Thanks for the info on Caulker it has been difficult to find out anything. Can you tell me if Diane Kuylen-Dolphin Bay Travel or Tina Loeper-tina's backpack hostel are okay and if they can be reached somewhere? Also Ofelia Alamina & family? I would appreciate any info. If Rico Novelo has a cell may I get the number-he lives nearby. Please reply if you can to this board or to [email protected]

Sharon

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.