Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Yesterday I had a bright idea. How does this sound? Since the Blue Hole is prettiest from above, why not use it as a snorkel, surface interval?
Half Moon Caye Wall is the very best dive site in Belize. Make it the #1 dive, one of the sites off of Long Caye as dive #2, then go to the Blue Hole for lunch, snorkeling, etc., then a last dive at one of the more shallow sites.
I have heard that the top 20' at the Blue Hole is very pretty.

Do any of you have any ideas on how to still go down to Lighthouse without the dangers of deep diving for newbies?

Harriette Fisher
BELIZE ME!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
J
J
If you can get enough people just ask to do the Lighthouse walls instead of the Blue Hole. I did the Blue Hole on my first trip to Belize and it was enough to do it once. Because the walls out there are so good our group had Amigos take us there on our most recent two trips. Each time we skipped the Blue Hole and dove a part of Cathedral Wall as the first dive instead--really great diving.

Here's the reason why your Surfact Interval at Blue Hole suggestion is daft:
You've got a 1 hour round trip from 1/2 Moon Caye wall or Long Caye Wall just to do the SI. Nowhere to lay lunch out or do a barbeque at the Blue Hole. 11 hours in a boat or in the water without a land break. No chance to visit Half Moon Caye, one of Belize's most important conservation sites.

As you haven't dived the Blue Hole, Scubaldy, how can you tell others what they will think of it?

There are many divers out there who worship the Blue Hole....I'm one of them....Please accept that folk respect the fact that YOU don't want to dive it (and having read your version of your history on this board I wouldn't let you anyway), but also accept the fact that for many of us the Blue Hole is something that is spectacular beyond words and gets better every time we dive it. Safely, of course.

By the way, the non-Blue Hole Lighthouse Reef/Turneffe Islands wall diving day trip is just fine.....but insist on lunch at Half Moon Caye!

While as I have emphatically stated a number of times that I have concerns over certain divers that shouldn't be making the Blue Hole dive, I'm with Chris. I love the BH dive. I love lunch at Half-moon Caye. It *is* a long haul for a snorkel and there is *no* place to have lunch other than on board. Missing lunch on Half-Moon Caye should *not* be an option.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

While as I have emphatically stated a number of times that I have concerns over certain divers that shouldn't be making the Blue Hole dive, I'm with Chris. I love the BH dive. I love lunch at Half-moon Caye. It *is* a long haul for a snorkel and there is *no* place to have lunch other than on board. Missing lunch on Half-Moon Caye should *not* be an option.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

B
B
Why should other people be expected to reply respectfully when the "Cap'n"'s can't even do it.
I'm not ScubaLady, but geez...it was just a suggestion. Can't you point out flaws better?

OP Offline
Thank you Jeanne & Bill.
Chris, you have some good information - it was just a little hard to take at first read. I did say "what do you think?"
Perhaps you would like to do a little editing (take out the flames) before the topic goes off the point. If not - since I authored it I will delete the entire thread.

I was told that the Blue Hole was 4 miles from Half Moon Caye. Is that correct? Does it take a half an hour to go 4 miles?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
OK children....NO ARGUING!!! LMAO!!!! C play nice

BillandJeanne;

Sorry, Scubaldy has been negative towards the Blue Hole dive on a number of postings on various parts of this board doing her best to steer people away from it without having done it herself. You may have not read those posts.

Again, I respect her views on not wanting to do the dive herself. However I've always thought that not trying Guinness is a poor excuse for telling other people they won't like it.

No offence intended.

P
P
I'll bet 80% of divers consider BH a "novelty" dive --they either know it before they go, or realize it while there. By this, I mean "worth doing once" --but c'mon, what's there to see there, really?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.