Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Mr. Grimm and Peter handing over supplies and check to librarian for the programs in the past.

The San Pedro Town Library hosts several programs throughout the year for the children of San Pedro to be involved during the holidays. This year the Library is being faced with an unfortunate dilemma, lack of funds to operate this year's holiday programs.

The Library has lost one of its greatest benefactors for these programs, the skydivers from Boogie in Belize. In the past, Mr. Rich Grimm and his crew would team up with Pedro's Inn and host a poker tournament which generated a generous donation that allowed the library to cover expenses for its yearly programs. These programs included Easter, Christmas, Summer and other activities such as movie nights, to mention a few.

"The town library receives no funds outside of donation to be able to put on these programs," stated Librarian Iracela Acosta. "The Easter holiday is approaching and we are in need of a sponsor or sponsors for out Easter program this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

If anyone would like to assist the San Pedro Town Library so that the children of San Pedro can benefit from these programs kindly contact Mrs. Iracela Acosta at the San Pedro Town Library at 206-2028 or email [email protected] for more information.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's some information on what is needed for these programs. If you feel you can help, it would be much appreciated.

thank you.

///////////////

The program that need funding at the moment is the Children Easter Program
which will be offered to children between the ages 7 - 10. This program includes
many activities. Some would be Story Reading , Arts and craft, games and Easter Hunt.

After this we will also need funding for Summer program which runs for 2 weeks.
This is a program offer to children of all ages. This program also includes some of
the activities I have mention, and at the end we take the children for a day trip.

Another annual program that follows would be Christmas Program. This program
is 3 days as the Easter one.

It all depends on the amount of kids that participate in the programs. At the moment I don't have an exact amount, but from my previous years, I would assume for Easter and Christmas which runs for 3 days, we spent at least $1,500.00 BZ and Summer which runs for 2 weeks I would assume triple the amount.

Iracela Acosta
San Pedro Town Public Library

My good friend Ms Claudia Geiger, friend of San Pedro has given generously.

San Pedro Book Shop has also made a donation.

If we divide the donations up into manageable chunks this program is possible. Please do help if you can.

Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.