Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#435725 04/13/12 02:00 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
there have been many times in the jungle or just camping where we take a coffee can and remove the bottom and put holes in the top and use it with twigs etc to cook with.

this looks like the modern techno glory version of our cans! even charges your phone????

http://biolitestove.com/CampStove.html

[Linked Image]

Forget the fuel. Our stoves cook your meals with nothing but the twigs you collect on your journey, eliminating the need for heavy, expensive, polluting petroleum gas. It's quick to light, fast to boil and clean to use.

Charge your gadgets. By converting heat from the fire into usable electricity, our stoves will recharge your phones, lights and other gadgets while you cook dinner.

Have fun. Like a campfire, you can sit around the CampStove and watch the flames dance as you roast marshmallows and tell stories with friends.

Stay green. By using renewable resources for fuel instead of petroleum, you're reducing your carbon footprint. You'll also keep fuel canisters out of the landfill.

Be prepared. The CampStove isn't just for camping; it's great to have on hand when the power goes out in a storm or other natural disasters. You'll be able to cook and keep electronics charged while power lines are down.

Support a better world. Half the planet cooks on open fires, leading to 2 million premature deaths each year and contributing to global warming. We're using the same technology inside the CampStove to bring clean, safe energy access to families across the developing world.

Marty #435730 04/13/12 03:09 PM
Looks Good but... "leading to 2 million premature deaths each year" ??? NOT!

Rykat #435749 04/13/12 07:01 PM
actually Ry that stat doesnt put me off. I wouldnt be so quick to shoot it down. It's not leading to "immediate" it's "premature" death. Which basically means if it can reasonably be shown that without exposure you would have lived a year longer, then you've experiencd a shortened life and as a result its a premature death. I'm just sayin that how the stat is derived.

You might be surpised as to the long term health impact of fine carbon respirable particulates from woodsmoke, PM2.5 is the stuff that gets down to the blood/gas interface in your lungs and plugs youir alveoli. Elevated measurements of fine particulate, those at unhealthy levels, have been shown to be responsible for reduced lung capacity in homes with open fireplaces and even airtight woodstoves; much less the effect of a smoke filled hut with a cook fire smoldering away at 10 times the ambient air quality standard.

Top that off with the fact that the material that comprises that smoke particulate is largely carbon based and you now have a "carcinogen sponge" that's grabbing every nasty, and I do mean nasty polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon like 8 benzo(a)pyrene, and you got a killer on your hands. These PAHs are carcinogens on the highest order. Here look it up for yourself, Benzo(a)pyrenes it's almost like literally injecting it into your system.

Of course if you smoke, and could care less then I'll make no judgements about personal choices, but basically thats what cooking fires amount to. Larger versions of these stoves have been promoted in portions of Central America as a means of reducing the use of rainforests as fuels and health based emissions that are definitely experienced by a much larger population in the world than many would think.

Marty #435751 04/13/12 07:45 PM
S
S
Actually I think getting sh*tfaced and falling into the campfire probably kills more but that's just my opinion.

SimonB #435752 04/13/12 07:58 PM
E
E
Experience has spoken.

Ernie B #435753 04/13/12 08:37 PM
Forget the fuel. Our stoves cook your meals with nothing but the twigs you collect on your journey, eliminating the need for heavy, expensive, polluting petroleum gas. It's quick to light, fast to boil and clean to use.

Charge your gadgets. By converting heat from the fire into usable electricity, our stoves will recharge your phones, lights and other gadgets while you cook dinner.

hmmm...8 1/2 inches tall by 5" diameter....so....I can boil enough water for a cup of java and recharge my cell phone for 129 bucks? SUCH A DEAL!!!

"You might be surpised as to the long term health impact of fine carbon respirable particulates from woodsmoke, PM2.5 is the stuff that gets down to the blood/gas interface in your lungs and plugs youir alveoli. Elevated measurements of fine particulate, those at unhealthy levels, have been shown to be responsible for reduced lung capacity in homes with open fireplaces and even airtight woodstoves; much less the effect of a smoke filled hut with a cook fire smoldering away at 10 times the ambient air quality standard."

YUP thinkin' bout that is damn sure gona keep me up tonight!!!! grin grin

Marty #435758 04/13/12 09:42 PM
I felt sure I'd receive no more or no less of a response Ry wink

Bear #435760 04/13/12 10:19 PM
Nothing like consistency! wink smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 343 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.