Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Great video of Physics Majors from the University of Belize launching a potato cannon.. Powered by flamable aerosol too. Looks like fun.

"Potato cannons may be for school projects, but they ARE weapons and can definitely inflict some serious damage on a person."

Damn! I obviously went to the wrong school...I'm building one for the end of our dock to counter the jetski's and speeding boats...its a bit more sophisticated though and I plan on using cocoanuts...

[Linked Image]

While y'all are working on your physics how about backing up to a little spelling?! smile
Or is that a "Britain" thing?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
NICE Bear!!!!!!!

Yah, 'tis! The duty on cases of engine starter propellant is going to eat me alive Marty, but maybe I can get a neighbourhood(sic) watch to help underwrite a "shore battery".

I'm also working up an air burst version of the cocoanut(sic) shell to counter low flying aircraft. I do forsee a problem in that there may be a lot more "stuff" floating around in the water once I perfect that round...

[Linked Image]

Proud to say the "engineer" that built this project is my Son!!!!! He is the guy wearing the cap!!!!!!!

C
C
Wow! Just saw this one! WAY TO GO WILLIAM!!! Very cool school project.

*Namaste*
Cara
R
R
My son built one of these about 10 years or so ago. It was a lot of fun but I was worried we where all going to get arrested especially one night firing it off into the woods from my rear deck. At night a flame would come out the barrel a few feet and it was louder than it seemed in that video. The potato would go about 100 yards or more. We used an igniter like you use for a Gas BBQ grill. Hair spray was the propellant.

I tell you one thing it you ever got hit with the potato you would be a hurtin puppy.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.