Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Who says that the "busy season" on Ambergris Caye is drawing to an end? Not me.

The SAGA Humane Society held its monthly fundraising cook-off at Wet Willy's Bar (and soon to be restaurant) last night. We arrived right on time...6pm...and there was already a good crowd. After reading yesterday's article in the local paper about an abused Loggerhead Turtle SAGA is helping to rehabilitate, who wouldn't want to help them raise money?

Wet Willy's has new owners, a new logo and a fresh paint job.

There were six donated dishes competing. The $10bzd entry tickets sold out fast. Seafood was this months category.

People are starting to get pretty fancy. Look at this gorgeous smoked salmon with a vinegrette and little star shaped puff pasty crackers.

Entry #4 from Molly Malone's at The Hotel..mussels. I'm not sure where people are getting salmon or mussels from in Belize (neither come from anywhere near here)...but definitely a nice change of pace.

I worked for 2 weeks to find trivia buffs...those who knew things I never would. I met my team at Pedro's Inn for the weekly trivia match up. The categories were seemingly innocuous. Geography, Sex, Pot luck, Music and Movies.

There were quite a few teams...

We didn't win. So, as the good sport that I am, I'll just leave you with a particularly uncomplimentary picture of another team.

We tried...Al, Rob, Carolyn, Beth and me, we tried. We will do better next time.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS OF GREAT photos on San Pedro Scoop

Ohhhhhh, a cliff hanger.....Good One....Let us know when you know what dish won the Saga Cook Off.....I'll stay tune...

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
SAGA Humane Society would like to give a big 'THANK YOU' to Bruce & Diane Badolato and Steve Kilchenstein the owners of Wet Willies for hosting our monthly Cook-off Fundraiser held on Thursday April 19, 2012. Bruce, Diane & Steve and their staff were all wonderful host!

We are very thankful for those who entered a dish. Gunter Mathieus of Mathieus Deli took home 1st place with his Smoked Salmon w/Tomato Salsa. 2nd place went to Sharon Metcalfe with her Smoked Oyster & Artichoke Crab Dip and 3rd Place went to LouAnn LeClair with her Crab Green Chili Frittata. The other entries were Steve Kilchenstein of Wet Willies with his Sea Bass w/Hicama Pineapple Salsa, Tammy Peterson with Molly Malone's Mussels and Fido's & Raska with their Seafood Marinara. Every dish was outstanding! The public was torn as the votes were spread though out the entries�it was close voting across the board!

We would like to thank the sponsors of the Raffle Prizes: (2) $20.00 gift cert. courtesy of Wet Willies, (2) $20.00 gift cert. courtesy of Crave Restaurant & Lounge and $100.00 gift cert. to one of the following: Blue Water Grill/Calientes/Red Ginger courtesy of Kelly McDermott Kanabar. We appreciate and thank you for your donation and of your support of SAGA.

A thank you to our wonderful volunteers: Bill & Debra Millstead, Bob & LouAnn LeClair, Michael & Renee Steinmetz, Sharon Metcalfe, Cindy Carlson, Carolina Gonzalez, Grant Crimmins, Lori Purdy, Katia Marin, Diovan Sanchez , Allen Soto, Rebecca Coutant for taking photos for us, and to our young volunteers Alice, Faith & Zulema. SAGA appreciates the time you give to volunteer for a worthy cause.
Thank you to everyone who came out! The hosts were wonderful, the crowd was great, Brent Butcher the musician was entertaining - it was an enjoyable night for all!

See you next month, Wednesday, May 16th at AJ's, our host for May's cook-off. SAGA Humane Society would like to thank you for your continued support.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.