Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Craves [Re: Mossey] #436848
04/30/12 08:53 AM
04/30/12 08:53 AM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
I absolutely agree about not posting someone elses information - that is why I urged Andy to come forward.

My experience here is that most folksa re reluctant to tell the truth about being taken advantage of until after the fact. I asked around a lot about builders before I started Birdland. After I fired the contractor who had charged at least double what he should have then people said "I could have told you that." My question was "Why didn't you"

I find I have to very carefully read between the lines, so to speak. I think what we all should be willing to say is something like "things are done differently here - beware." In my humble opinion. LOL

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: Craves [Re: Mossey] #436849
04/30/12 08:55 AM
04/30/12 08:55 AM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline

Amanda well said .And to the point.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: Craves [Re: captjeff] #436851
04/30/12 11:30 AM
04/30/12 11:30 AM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
Why then was it so acceptable to have a new poster come on and maligne a person potentially seeking employment in San Pedro? There was no information provided as to what the man's "crime" may have been after working for 2 1/2 years for the complainant. And then, not only his name but also his picture was posted. That didn't seem fair to me somehow.

But suddenly, something like this should be kept on the down-low. I'm confused, obviously.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: Craves [Re: Mossey] #436872
04/30/12 10:02 PM
04/30/12 10:02 PM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Perhaps we don't always have the time to read every post on the board and some slip through the net.

If you ask someone a point blank question, face to face, you will most likely receive a candid response.

But you can't expect people to be willing to malign others in a public Internet forum and you can't challenge people to answer your demands to air their
personal business on a message board. I don't think Andy even visits this board....

When somewhen tells me that they have made a decision or a choice I don't feel it is right to tell that person that I think they are wrong, unless they ask me straight up.

We live on an island, a very small community. You gotta be willing and able to defend any remarks and opinions you might make that affect someone else's love life or ability to make a living! And seriously, take a step back and gauge whether or not it is your business or your place to make such judgement calls.

And what are your motives?

We all have an agenda.

I love the tv's Dr House - "Everybody lies" catch phrase. We all manipulate things around us to suit our needs and goals. It is human nature. But stop and think about why you feel driven to say some things.

I am guilty of having an opinion on just about everything. But I am willing to say such things face to face and defend my position.

Just saying......

Re: Craves [Re: Mossey] #436906
05/01/12 09:41 AM
05/01/12 09:41 AM
San Pedro
tacogirl Offline
tacogirl  Offline
Andy is doing a wonderful job with the sailing club - 3 cheers.

I remember before Andy started the San Pedro Sailing Club, we had a talk in our back yard. He explained how he was sure there were kids on the island that were gifted at sailing and it was his goal/dream to find them. He especially wanted to find the ones who would not ordinarily not have the opportunity to explore such a wonderful option as weekly sailing lessons and help them develop their talent and benefit from all the life skills that come along with learning to sail.

It does not always matter why something happened in the end. To quote Capt Jeff [use this one often] 'When the juice is not worth the squeeze' sometimes it is better have the sense and ability to let go, allow for new doors to open and focus ones energy where it is most useful, which is exactly what Andy has done.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Re: Craves [Re: tacogirl] #436917
05/01/12 11:16 AM
05/01/12 11:16 AM
Johnstown, CO
C
colomojo Offline
colomojo  Offline
C
Love your reply tacogirl!!

Live Laugh Love
Re: Craves [Re: Mossey] #436924
05/01/12 12:22 PM
05/01/12 12:22 PM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Couldn't have said it any better Tacogirl! (And Capt Jeff.)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 270 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,326
Posts490,689
Members19,966
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.