Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#437637 05/10/12 08:40 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Over the years, a fair number of persons have come to us with bottled beverages that have some kind of dirt or impurity in them. But the stories very rarely make it to air because, invariably, the complainant reaches an agreement with the bottling company to - shall we say - compensate them for their displeasure.

But not so with Isaac Sajia from Corozal. He bought a filthy looking Fanta in that northern town on Monday - and brought it to us with the stopper still on - because he wants the public to be aware that they should study their beverage closely before swallowing.

Sajia told us he bought it for his son to drink - and is he happy he looked inside the bottle before he popped the cap. He brought the bottle to our studio - and spoke to us by phone:

Voice Of: Isaac Sajia - Bought Filthy Fanta
"I went and bought it because my son wanted to drink a Fanta. When I brought the Fanta, it was dirty, but I thought it was dirty outside. I washed it and I discovered that it was inside. I don't know what the material is inside; it could be anything. I think that they need to take extra precautions in their hygiene because this is more than this one incident."

For the record Sajia flatly refused offers of compensation from Bowen and Bowen.

When we spoke to the Bowen and Bowen rep, he also asked us not to run the story but assured us that a new electronic sensor to pick up dirty bottles will be installed shortly.

Currently the bottles are manually inspected.

Channel 7

Where is Inspector Clouseau when you need him? Or the bottle inspector in "Take This Job And Shove It PS I take food safety very seriously

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
The arrow points to what we believe is the roach's egg casing floating to the top of the beverage.

COKE SURPRISE

A Belize City man bought a coke this morning anticipating a refreshing drink of the well loved beverage. But as he opened it, to his surprise he found what appeared to be a roach's egg casing floating on top. The man promptly took the allegedly contaminated beverage over to the Bowen and Bowen office on Slaughterhouse Road in Belize City. On his way to drop off the coke with the foreign object in it, the surprised coke consumer stopped by to record his astonishing find. A quick check with the Bowen and Bowen office ion King Street did not yield any answers as our call was placed on hold for about 2 minutes before we hung up.

Patrick Jones

About a year ago I was drinking a Coke Light at a restaurant in Placencia and about halfway through I noticed the inside of the bottle had a hard, black, tar-like substance all over the bottom. Wah! I didn't get any money!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.