Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Since this is the "Crap Site" I need to vent this somewhere beside in my head and the bottle of tequila I'm drinking, so here goes.

I have been trying to open a personal bank account with Atlantic all week. I received all the forms and thought I had filled them out completely down to answering the questions on the "Anticipated Activity for New Accounts":

4. Expected Monthly Deposits to account: Unknown
5. Expected Annual Deposits to account: Unknown
7. Detailed description of customer's business: Retired

They are all notarized and I went ahead and got a cashier's check ready to be FedEx down to the officer I'm working with. I scanned then to him yesterday afternoon and requested a street address so that I could send down all of the originals and that the scanned copies would only be a heads up to him. I get a call yesterday telling me he can't read my scanned in passport that is looks like a copy and the notary isn't clear. The answers to 4 and 5 must be a dollar amount and if they vary at all, the bank will need, in writing, proof as to why they are not the same. As for #7, he needs a complete work history for the last 10 years including all the part time secretary positions I have done in the last 2 years.

Now for the letters of requirements: My bank officer had written a letter regarding my character and the bank manager wrote a letter regarding my banking history. The Atlantic officer would not accept the character letter because it came from the same bank. I explained that this person and I have a personal relationship outside of the bank but he didn't care, it was on the same letterhead and to him that is all that mattered. He said to get a letter from my Dr. but I work with Kaiser and I had called them and my personal doctor is out of town on holiday until June 4th. After talking to them though, they would not have allowed her to give a letter to me anyway. I tried to explain to him that I work with an HMO (Health Management Org.) but he didn't understand. I told him my accountant is out of town until the 25th of May as he always leaves April 24th when the tax season is over and doesn't return for 30 days. Again, he didn't care and only kept saying "these are the rules and you must abide by them."

I closed on my condo, which is rented at the present time, and only need to deposit the rent in Belize, that's all I need to do. The Property Managers that are handling the condo for me needs somewhere to put my funds. I did get a hold of them last night and after hearing the frustration in my voice they are going to see what they can do on Monday. They tell me not to worry that they will figure out something for me. They tell me they have handled others who live in the States with getting an account open and that they will help me too. Thank God for them since I seem to have hit the wall at Atlantic.

I hear all about off shore banking and how people hide funds, I'm not trying to hide anything. I just want to make a deposit of rental fund from AC.

Thanks for having this site, I just needed to get this out of my head.

Property management companies can open an account for you and you can be a signatory.

If it helps make you feel any better I opened an account in the UK and to.d them my husband would be by in a few weeks to be added to the account. No problem. Then he opened an account in another bank and after 3 personal visits I gave up trying to be added to his account. My Mom had the same problem and can't be added to my Dad's account.

Banking sucks just about anywhere in the free world any more. Thank you terrorists.

S
S
Not the terrorists. It's the US War on Drugs! And IRS attempts to collect taxes from the offshore bank accounts.

It's also to prevent money from flowing to terrorist orgs through random banks.

S
S
So that explains why the US IRS and DEA are running the show?

Yes terrorists and the US. I just didn't want to say it. The US Rico act and a number of new rules and regulations are making it tougher to cooperate. We are going to move back to trading gold coins and beads and bartering soon to avoid the banking system altogether.

R
ron Offline
R
Lots of people are already trading gold coins. Have you ever tried packing $10,000 in gold coins? Baggage way over weight.

You are sooo wrong there Ron...$10,000 weighs about 6 1/4 ounces at today's spot price!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Yep, gold doesn't weigh that much vs value these days.

E
E
Gold ? Did someone mention Gold ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.