Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Does anyone have experience? I know it is EXPENSIVE! Can you get a tracking number? Or is that not possible. Is it just regular mail or nothing? Thanks.

Yes you can get a tracking number. You can send a letter by post to the US with a 3 day guarantee for $50 that comes with a tracking number.

If you send a letter regular post but registered with a tracking number it takes about 10 days but if the letter is lost you can't track until it has been lost for 30 days ( I am pretty sure that is the deal.)

You can send a letter by FEDEX at Tropic Air - takes about 4 days to the US and can be tracked. Cost around $80

And packages/boxes etc just cost more based on DIM.

B
OP Offline
B
It's a package...empty beer cans to send to Portugal. Curious how much this is going to cost me. Will run to PO tomorrow...and let you know! Fedex would cost a fortune I'm sure!

Another option is to send it stateside with someone and a few bucks and get it mailed from there.

Price they charge you depends on what it is, no Idea what they would think of empty beer cans. I was told once at the post office that t-shirts will cost more than news papers to mail.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

B
OP Offline
B
That's a good idea...I'll test this out and then might do that going forward!

B
OP Offline
B
Not as bad as I thought. The box of empty beer cans weighs 700 grams. $35 bzd for no tracking number to Portugal. $62 for a number.

Sending empty beer cans to Portugal ...... I knew the Euro-zone was in trouble, but this is positively heartrending.
Right up there with the drive to send vowels to Serbia back in the 90's.

So, did you go with the no tracking number option? If so, I wonder if they will make it there. Is the person you collected these for paying for shipping (I hope)?

Thanks for the report -- you will have to let us know if/when they arrive in Portugal. That's quite a distance!

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
WOW!!! I didn't know that mailing a letter would cost $50. So much for birthday cards to the kids.

Originally Posted by SnowWhite5080
WOW!!! I didn't know that mailing a letter would cost $50. So much for birthday cards to the kids.

That is for FedEx...maybe for legal documents or something that is SUPER DUPER important. I can't imagine!

For "regular" mail, you can send a card to the US for something like $2.20 BZD at the post office. Yes, it takes two weeks, but if you plan ahead, no problem. We sent Christmas cards and birthday cards this way. And the Belize stamps are really pretty!

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,043
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.