Next Thread
Print Thread
#4381 10/02/00 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
This is Barney from TMM in Tortola.
I have been able to speak to 2 of our boats with charter guests aboard who are down near Porto Stuck. The vessels are Mayan Mystress and Kat Kan Du. Both boats and all the people are fine and rode out the storm there. They have been able to speak to Paul and Nathalee at the TMM base in San Pedro on VHF and they and their family and Rick and Rose Bevan are all fine. The limited information that I received from them via the boats was that San Pedro was a mess. I am able to speak to these people via cell phone and they in turn are able to talk to people in San Pedro via VHF only. As I obtain more information I will post it here.

#4382 10/02/00 08:45 PM
C
C
Great news to hear that Paul and Natalie are doing OK! Wish we had a VHF station on Caye Caulker, but MO on the HAM is doing a job over there! I hope some can continue to supply him with batteries to continue broadcasting about the state of the caye.
thank god no one was killed or seriously injured!
It also sounds like there is enough food for a few days as one of the local food markets is still fine.
PS...To be honest, I think you should change that FROWNIN face to a SMILEY face considering that the news about them is GOOD!
chris

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 10-02-2000).]

chris considine

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.