Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

...And Some Very Tasty Cocktails

Last night, Casa Picasso restaurant closed for a special event. Tien, the chef, was preparing a fixed 3 course menu of tasty Vietnamese plates by reservation only. Casa Picasso's menu always has a touch of an Asian flair ...from Malaysian Chicken Satay to Shrimp Fritters with Spicy Peanut sauce...but there is tons more. Like Crab Mac & Cheese, Belizean Stewed Chicken Sliders and Molten Chocolate. Sophisticated eclectic? World fusion? I'm sure there is some fancy term...but to me? The food is just good.

Plus, I LOVE VIETNAMESE FOOD. And prepared by a Vietnamese chef? I signed up...and arrived early. The martinis called me from my home. I wasn't the only one early.

Everyone was seated. The chef presented the menu and, since he is Vietnamese, spoke of how the food is very dear to his heart.

The first course was classic spring rolls, a tangy, tasty green mango salad (finally! green mango made in a way that tastes good!) and a divine barbecued pork. It was sweet...almost like pig candy. I could have eaten a bucket of this stuff. (See? I could not take the picture without eating some.)

We then had potentially Vietnam's most famous dish, Pho. A steaming bowl of broth, rice noodles, thinly sliced beef and the fixings (shown below).

The dessert was last and my favorite. I'm a dessert person completely. (Might be why I loved the sweet and savoury pork confection so much.) Delicious almond cookies sandwiching homemade coconut ice cream that was about 75% shredded coconut. Right up my alley.

Bottom line: Casa Picasso is a seriously cool place. Great spot for a romantic dinner, a meal with friends or just a martini at the bar. The menu has something for everyone. More than that...you will find it hard to choose. AND, if you have reservations, they will send a taxi for you. On them.

If you want to attend their next event...for all you manly men and ladies who just love a good T-Bone, it's called "The Big Smoke" on Thursday, June 14th. Steak, cigars and scotch. Gets your prepped for the beginning of Lobsterfest, the following week. And takes me right back to the Wall Street Days...

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

S
S
The food and service was fantastic as always.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.