Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Alw1977 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi All - It seems as if a lot of the chatter around here is from people who live on island, so this seems like the best place to ask my question. Husband and I will be on AC for a short four nights in June and are staying at Matachica (it's an anniversary trip, hence the fancy digs). At any rate, we're fairly advanced snorkelers and want to go on a smaller snorkel trip with an outfit that stresses safety and personalized attention. We don't normally prefer a guided tour unless it is necessary. We definitely don't want a crowded boat and want someone who is smart about planning stops (ex, if all boats go to Hol Chan before Shark Ray, then our captain will do the reverse). Ideas? Suggestions? Unfortunately, I cannot see myself doing the Grumpy & Happy tour for $375 for a half-day. I'm certainly willing to pay more for a private, but not that much more. Thanks!

I was just going to suggest Grumpy and Happy.

Most operators cannot afford to take out a group of less than 4 or 6 snorkelers. It is mainly a fact of the fuel being so costly.

Unfortunately if you want to enjoy a private excursion you may well have to pay the price.

Please do post info you manage to find an outfit to do this.

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary - Mata Chica will be perfect.

S
S
Contact Dale (the owner) at Funtasea - they can do private charters any time of day. It is not clearly advertised IMO, but they can do private charters at a reasonable price (usually based on the number in your party and what size boat they need to accommodate). They are located on the Fido's dock.

Local Phone: 226-FUNN

Hope you have a wonderful trip smile

S
S
Have you asked Mata Chica's front desk? They're pretty good at arranging things for their guests.

C
C
You can also check with Suya. We have used them for a majority of our tours and have found them to have the best service.

Live Laugh Love
A
A
I also suggest you check with Mata Chica. We were on the island for New Year's and our resort arranged a snorkeling trip for the two of us.

I am not sure of his pricing for a private snorkel charter, but you can check with Eric at Uprising Tours 662 - 7413 [email protected]

Here are pictures of his boat from a fishing trip with Capt Jeff did a few years back - http://tacogirl.com/2008/02/fresh-fish-yummy/

He does snorkeling, fishing, picnics, beach bbq, private charters, sunset cruises and has music on his boat.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Hon Offline
Take a look at El Gato. //ambergriscaye.com/elgato/index.html There is a 3 person minimum for many of Geraldo's tours but we have gone with just the two of us and made, what I thought was, a very fair deal for the non-existent third.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
L
L
I also recommend El Gato - booked a private cruise/snorkel trip with him in Feb - had a great time.

Love, love, love El Gato!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 280 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.