Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
You might want to check the news:

There were apparent terrorist attacks this morning around 9 a.m. on the Trade Towers in New York and on the Pentagon in Washington. The south Tower totally collapsed around 10 a.m., according to eyewitness accounts. There likely have been massive numbers of casulties.

Apparently an American Airlines flight out of Boston was highjacked and was crashed into the Towers. A second plane also hit the Towers.

Another plane may have crashed into the Pentagon in Washington. Lots of evacuations are taking place, including the White House, Pentagon, Treasury etc. Fearing additional attacks, ALL U.S. flights under the control of the FAA nationwide have been cancelled. President Bush is returning to Washington from Sarasota, Florida.

The news is calling it a "second Pearl Harbor."

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
A
A
Happen to live 1 hr. north of New York City and have to say no one is getting much done, we all have friends and co-workers that are in the city and cannot get through to anyone in NY or NJ.
Have been listening to the news all morning and sad to say the Twin Towers are gone. Even more sad is the amount of life lost in this senseless act of terrorism. We all thought it could never happen and it has. Let's all say a prayer for all the people involved, all around the country.

[This message has been edited by AC Bound (edited 09-11-2001).]

Amen. my boss just came in and told everyone to go home. and we're in oregon.

All US airports are closed today. I understand that the Canadian airports are closed too. There won't be too many tourists arriving in Belize over the next few days. I wouldn't be surprised if they are shut down for a couple of days at least. No international express mail will be coming from the US or Canada either until the airports open up, of course.

I'm absolutely horrified that this has happened. I'm trying to reach my cousins who work in Manhattan. Phones are too jammed.
Today, here at work, we have charity projects out in the community. I'm going to serve food to homeless people and count my blessings at how fortunate I am.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
F
F
They are saying here that Will Rodgers Airport in Oklahoma City will be closed until 6 PM this evening. It appeares it will open to inbound flights at that time, but not outbound. I'm gathering it will be much longer for many other airports to open at all.

+++++++++

The latest I get, contrary to what I heard earlier on the radio, is all US airports including OKC and Dallas, will be closed until at least tommarow afternoon.

+++++++++

The only other thing I can think of that I can do is to give blood, as it is in short supply. They are calling for type O above all, but they will happily take others. Give if you can.

You may want to call ahead though. It is with some pride that I understand that in OKC the waiting line at the blood donation centers is 6 to 8 hours long. In my little town it's running about two hours. I go there now.

Fire services sources indicate FDNY has taken heavy casualties in the collapses, and we may have lost the best and brightest of our federal quick-response rescue teams as well.

Like us all my sympathies go first to those hurt and their loved ones. But later, when this story gets told, I think it's going to be one of outstanding heroism as well as loss.

[This message has been edited by Florian (edited 09-11-2001).]

L
L
My thoughts and prayers go out to families and God Bless the rescue workers.
We all need to donate blood. No matter where you are in the country. This is a horrible nightmare.

[This message has been edited by Lynn5678 (edited 09-11-2001).]

For once...I'm speechless

Can't get away from the T.V.

Too sad for words.....

Prayers go out for humanity. We need it!!

Gone fishing!!
L
L
Here on the West coast, they have shut Capitol building down in California. This is the most tragic event in my lifetime. My prayers go out to all who were unfortunately involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.