Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
We went of the hunt last night for this new beer launched by Belican for the recent Cocoa festival and found draft at Fido's and bottles in one of the stores.

We recommend that you try it because we have enjoyed it very much as a flavoursome beer alternative to the regular Belican, which is not too heavy and goes down well chilled!!

Thanks Nick, I (Anna) tried it last week but much as i love stout/porter and the like, i wasn't too keen on it as a beverage.... however Gunter was brimming with ideas about how to cook with it! not sure it'll work as well as a bread as the Belikin Sorrel stout they brought out at christmas, but we can give it a try! Maybe in a sauce for a filet mignon.. ice cream (I remember eating stout ice cream in Montego Bay in Jamaica!).... any suggestions welcome!

anna & gunter

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
tried the chocolate stout. Was expecting a more chocolate flavor.

N
OP Offline
N
Just like with truffles - it is in the aroma!

Gunter is going to try a Belikin Chocolate Stout bread tomorrow! I know Nick you're probably still on those 2 wholewheat from yesterday, but if you fancy trying it out we'll have some tomorrow!

Mathieu's Delicatessen

I tried my first Belikin Stout last night and loved it! I could definitely taste the chocolate.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
How did the Chocolate Stout bread turn out? Sounds delicious.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

N
OP Offline
N
Sounds lovely but we are not coming to town until the evening for the Wine de Vine wine get-together. Any chance you will be going and can bring a loaf? If not can you store a loaf for Saturday when 'she who must be obeyed' wants us to buy a bigger TV to watch the Queen's Jubilee celebrations on Sunday!!!

Originally Posted by tacogirl
How did the Chocolate Stout bread turn out? Sounds delicious.

we haven't had time to make it today - we had a bunch of fiddly orders, but I'll post when we do make it! I'm looking for a card reader for an xd card too, so when i get one of those there may well be a picture too!

Mathieu's Delicatessen

CHOCOLATE STOUT BREAD IS IN THE OVEN!! Come by and try it!! When it comes out of the oven we're giving away free samples

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.