Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
OP Offline
E
Was wondering if small electric smart cars are legal on the island? What is the largest legal car allowed?

E
E
Crawl back under your rock

I don't think a smart car could navigate the potholes, the mud puddles or the speed bumps unfortunately.

R
R
I think that's a perfectly reasonable question if one was considering living south of town where the roads are paved, as they are throughout the majority of town. They have a lot of those cars in England and there are plenty of puddles and speed bumps there. If these things were available with air conditioning then I think this is a great alternative to a golf cart for town dwellers who have no aspiration to go beyond the bridge.

N
N
In the US I had a Neighborhood Electric vehicle called a Kurrent. It was great but I'm pretty sure Smart Cars are not electric. Unless they have just come out with one in the past few months.

E
E
The question was posted by a TROLL !

The ForTwo is electric, only about 250 vehicles will be available to the US market. It recharges best with 220v and weighs just over a ton, yes a ton. I dont know about the durability of the vehicle in the environment on the Caye.

Originally Posted by Noelle
In the US I had a Neighborhood Electric vehicle called a Kurrent. It was great but I'm pretty sure Smart Cars are not electric. Unless they have just come out with one in the past few months.

I own a Smart Car (Passion) here in CO. You're correct though, it is gas only. We get 46 mpg in the city here and love it but, have been told by customs we can't bring it. My husband feels it wouldn't do well on the roads in AC, too low on the clearance.

The reason I like it over an electric car is my friends who are firemen have issues with the electric cars and getting people out of them once they are in a crash and people are hard to get out of them.

problem getting a 250 lb "lady" outta the glove box? laugh

Originally Posted by Ernie B
The question was posted by a TROLL !

sic 'em!

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.