Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Alberto Uh, a very well-liked caretaker/tour-guide/host at Casa Blanca in Mata Grande, was seriously injured in a fall on Saturday, 26 May.
Reports are that he broke his back and suffered spinal cord damage - the reports further say that he will not be able to walk again.
For Alberto as a young and vital man, an outdoorsman, a father, husband and bread-winner this is an almost unimaginable tragedy.

For information on Alberto's situation and to help him if you can, please visit this facebook page created by his good friends who ask for your concern and assistance:

https://www.facebook.com/AlbertoUhAwareness

Alberto's friends are also building a website that will solicit help for Alberto and his family. This website will be up in a few days - for now, please visit the FB site noted above.

The website will be:
<www.albertosangels.com>

OP Offline

Well I am sorry Diane you paint a nice picture of this guy but he is a thief and convicted criminal and was caught RED HANDED Burglarising my home in Playa Blanca and attacking my former wife and child her screams alerted the Keens caretaker who with another guy came to my x wifes rescue and detained this same Alberto hu who was at the time a caretaker for my other neibour.

When his living quarters were searched they found 197 of my belongings in his house and he had been sneaking into my home on many ocassions and stealing small items, before finally being caught red handed after my wife came back early from a beach walk, he was hiding in the bathtub and attacked her as she pulled the shower curtain to bathe my son.

Even with my former wifes testimony in court pointing out Alberto Hu and 2 other eye witnesses who detained him IN MY HOME also pointing him out he was still not convicted of Burglary only of handling stolen goods, go figure

This was 10 years ago maybe he changed who knows but I can only say that karma finally caught up with him and I have no compassion for him whatsoever.

Sorry to be so cold but this guy is not the saint you paint him out to be and caused me a lot of grief, a lot of money and he comes across all friendly but the truth of the matter is was caught attacking my wife and child detained by 2 people in my home and while the Belize Judicial machine could not convict him of it the fact remains he was guilty and is is a convicted criminal (ON record with the Police for multiple convictions for theft)

Gaz Cooper

I know the post comes across cold hearted but this went on for a long time since he still continued to work as a caretaker right next door terrorizing my wife who was already traumatized by the incident and had to accept that he worked and lived 50feet away from where he attacked her while the case was constantly being ajourned, I think we went to Belize City 8 times for court and then he was finally let off with the Burglary charge which shocked everyone since it was an open and shut case 3 EYE Witnesses caught red handed and detained in the home what more do the courts need.

Last edited by Gaz Cooper; 06/03/12 03:45 AM.
OP Offline
Wow. I had no idea. Yes, let's hope he's changed.
Sorry that Tamara had to go through so much trauma.
That sounds horrific !!

T
T
....And I will strike down upon thee with great vengance and furiuous anger, those who attempt to posion and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord, when I lay my vengange upon thee.

Karma's a Bitch.

J
J

What goes around....comes around!

S
S
According to his Facebook page he passed away this morning.

OP Offline
Thanks for the info Simon - very sad.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.