Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#439572 06/02/12 07:50 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Three great ways YOU can eliminate waste and protect your environment!

Hello, name is Emily Sanchez. I was born to my parents Esther and Evan Sanchez and I am presently attending the New Horizon Seventh Day Adventist School in San Pedro Ambergris Caye. When I read your advertisement, I instantly became interested and told my mother that I want to be an Eco Kid.

I want to be an Eco Kid because it will give me the opportunity to appreciate all that nature in Belize has to offer. I could learn to care for it better and apply the gained knowledge to the three R's (reduce, reuse, recycle). I will also be able to share with my friends, family and classmates my experience at camp.

We are blessed to have a bountiful source of nature in Belize. There are many things that can be learned when exploring nature and caring for it. We have rivers, creeks, ponds, lakes, seas, and the wonderful ocean. The tall and enormous mountains, a variety of flora and fauna, and other exotic, intriguing, and amazing animals make nature very alluring. Nature is self-governed and we cannot control it, but we can save it.

The cracking of branches, trees falling, strong winds, and tall waves are all part o f nature's natural course. Everything in nature occurs in a cycle, from the seasons of the year to the growth of an adult butterfly. Even water flows in a cycle. Creatures are born, bigger creatures consume smaller creatures, or plants, die, and become nutrients that provide life.

Life and nature are essential, so it is very important to care for it. Many things may alter the cycle of nature. There are many things , such as the three R's , that we can do to conserve and maintain nature. There are things that can be done to reduce the amount of waste produced, and the natural resources consumed. Some materials can be reused. Certain things, such as paper, cardboard boxes, and bottles can be reused.

They can be used to store books, and do arts and crafts, among other things. Recycling allows some materials to undergo a process by which new products are created out of the materials from the old ones.

After having the opportunity to be an Eco Kid, I will be able to share with others the experience that I had at camp. I will be able to share with others what I learned at camp, the activities that we did, and the adventures that we had. I will also influence them to become aware of their natural surroundings here in Belize and use what I have learned so that they can become an Eco-Kid. Reduce, Reuse, And Recycle!

Chaa Creek blog

Wonderful!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

I would like to see the name and age of the person who wrote this lovely piece. A picture would be icing on the cake.
Good Job!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Nicely done

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Protecting Nature, Preserving Life

I want to be an Eco Kid so I can help preserve nature and work with others to heal back its injuries. As a small boy, I did not understand nature. Now that I have grown older, I understand that it is a life. It grows, lives and can die. It has feelings also!

Many people, young and old, locals and foreigners treat it like garbage, filthy and disgusting. They continuously commit crime against nature, poisoning earth with solid waste and pollutants; scaring it with their agricultural and urban development activities and bringing numerous plant and animal species to the brink of extinction. Our once beautiful land is slowly turning into a waste land. For whatever reasons, they cannot see they are killing nature and its resources. As an Eco Kid I need to help them realize that these crimes are horrendous and what they are committing needs stop.

As an Eco Kid, I will also ask people to take a closer look at nature, not just look from the road side but venture into it. I will encourage them to see it as a precious garden, giving them everything they need to live. I will tell them to stop and smell nature's perfume and enjoy its pleasing aroma. I will ask them to use its resources wisely and to replenish it as they use. Plant back the trees, restock the waters, build where it will do the least harm and use the land wisely for agricultural purposes.

As an Eco Kind I will continuously remind them the God gave us nature to use wisely not to abuse and waste it.

I love mother nature, without it flourishing, it cannot provides our nourishment. I know the facts but many don't and I wish to help them have a change of heart. My survival and that of the next generation of children depends on getting these ignorant people to have a change of heart.

Chaa Creek Blog

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.