Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#43994 09/13/01 03:22 PM
S
S
WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING IN THIS COUNTRY!!! That makes me soooo mad!!! You know...they tell us not to take this out on any foreigners here, which I agree with. BUT...how can we expect people to control their prejudice and anger when we hear of behaviour like this???

peace, Susan

#43995 09/13/01 04:14 PM
L
L
It is not my intention to sound racial or prejudicial because I have many friends of all nationalities, but that Michigan thing described above, really burns me up. Their privilege to receive an education in this country should be taken away from them immediately. We certainly do not need those kinds of people here!

#43996 09/13/01 04:19 PM
Thank you. all my dear friends. Just as I knew you would, you helped to get a better perspective on all this. I read and re-read each one of your repsonses. I want to send an individual, personal thank you to:
Florian
Swayflo
Island Junkie
KC
Imarquis and
Over 40 Pirate.
I appreciate your candidness, eloquence and honesty, as well as your insight. This is a confusing time, and input from those you feel comfortable with is valuable. I feel much more comfortable with my own feelings. It helps to know that others feel as you do. There were some really good quotes (Schwartzkpof)and thoughts. I will print this and use it tonight for discussion with my children. (They're older, but do have questions) It's hard to help them, when you can't quite put a finger on your own feelings. Again, I thank each one of you for your help on this. If any others read this post tonight, feel free to comment, and I thank you in advance for any further comments....... Love and great inner peace to each and every one of you.
your cyberfriend
Debbie

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 09-13-2001).]

#43997 09/13/01 05:08 PM
F
F
Thanks. It's good to talk. This hurts folks a lot. I know I actually cried. You might not beleive this, but I don't do that very often. But sitting here at home, watching the TV, the images ... it all came flooding back, almost as vivid as the images on the screen. From before. From OKC. I cried like a baby, knowing what people are going through up there. How, for them, everything has changed and will never be the same. How from now on, there is 'before', and 'after'. And the 'moment' ... full of things the eyes see but the mind rejects, will lie in wait, to resurface in crystal clairty, and never really go away.

#43998 09/14/01 01:25 AM
Last evening, I stopped at my favorite watering hole (not BC's but it will do) and sat and visited with my favorite bartender Abby. Abby is from Jordan. As you can imagine, given his cultural origin, one might think that he might have been given some difficulty. Fortunately he did not experience any hostility. Abby, became a US citizen over 10 years ago. I sat watching CNN as tears flowed from my eyes, and he joined in. We changed the channel to something benign. We embraced and reassured eachother.

I was born and raised in NY state and lived there for 26 years. My family still resides in NYC. Thankfully, all is well with them.

We are all still numb. I have discovered that we have lost several co-workers that were on one of those four flights.

My humble thanks go to all the rescue workers who continue to search for survivors and to those brave souls that may have been lost doing so.

Florian, you blow me away with your insight.

To all of the rest of you, thank you for your thoughts, questions and comments. I really appreciate this forum and opportunity to express my thoughts and to understand how the rest of you feel.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#43999 09/14/01 09:51 AM
Gela, we're so glad with you that your family is well, but sorry for the loss of your co-workers.

Of course, all our prayers are with the countless families that are going through hell on earth. As I am typing this, the Star Spangled Banner is playing on the radio. The love and appreciation I have for my country is stronger than ever. America, I love you!

Debbie, my prayers are with you in talking to your kids. It's impossible for us adults to understand what's going on and why, let alone counseling kids through it.

[This message has been edited by IslandJunkie (edited 09-14-2001).]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.