Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44052 09/14/01 12:55 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Looking for suggestions from the board.

My Fiance and I are looking for a place to Honeymoon, came upon info about AC...
Any suggestions for a place to stay last week of April 2002 in AC? Interested in sun, beach, pool, snorkeling and possibly scuba diving....

#44053 09/14/01 03:31 PM
H
H
I was just there last week on my honeymoon, at Victoria House.

It was a great place for a honeymoon. We didn't get the honeymoon suite, so if you want that book early. Otherwise I would recommend one of their "Plantation rooms", because they have private balconies. I would even go further to recommend our room number "21" since it is privately located at the edge of the resort.

The pool at Victoria House is great, and the food is tops. You can even get room service, as we did several times.

#44054 09/14/01 11:06 PM
B
B
Cayo Espanto is very popular for honeymooners,

All the rooms except for one have *private* pools, the one that doesn't have a private pool has a jacuzzi.

My husband and I stayed there, and got married there right outside of our room. It was great. It is off AC, so it really depends on how much privacy you want, and how much $$ you got!
They can arrange everything, or you can arrange it yourself and take their ferry to the island to take your tours.

#44055 09/14/01 11:09 PM
B
B
Also, it includes 3 gourmet meals a day, plus snacks and drinks. You also get a personal houseman, who takes care of you you're entire stay.

our houseman gave me away...
It's beautiful(Extremely), private(Extremely), but also accessable to SP!

#44056 09/15/01 11:50 PM
KC Offline
Kelly and Lee:

You might take a look at our website, and see if our home is something you would be interested in. Very private, but accessible to whatever you wish to do.
//www.ambergriscaye.com/villadelsol/

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#44057 09/26/01 05:43 PM
S
S
My wife and I just stayed at Banana Beach for the 1st week of September. I had heard tons of good reports about the place and left there very pleased. The bed was slightly uncomfortable for my bad back, and my wife complained about the lack of dependable hot water, but to me the cool (NOT cold) water was a great way to cool off from the heat. The kitchens are fully stocked and the view from the Oceanview Suites is magnificent! As I write this I'm staring at 5 pictures I took side-by-side to make one large panoramic. It's beautiful. The price is very reasonable and stores are fairly close by, too.

Ramon's Village looked really nice, too. If I had actually been there and seen it, I might have gone for Ramon's instead, and Banyan Bay also looks inviting. Paradise Villas is very close to town (save some money on bike/golf cart rental) and is in front of a beautiful white sandy beach with very little sea-grass. Those are my top 4

#44058 09/26/01 06:11 PM
T
T
SunDiver was great! Their accomodations are simple and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful, and it's fairly secluded (on the north end). The honeymoon suite is spacious and comfortable. I got married there and enjoyed it thoroughly. Casa Animada on SunDiver's property was BEAUTIFUL if you'd rather have a whole house to yourself. I really liked being on the north end of the island - no traffic and more open beach to relax on. The chef is wonderful there as well as the rest of the staff.
Kathy - your home is GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous! Like I said, if you ever need a house-sitter....
By the way - Kathy's house is near SunDiver - good location.

#44059 09/27/01 03:57 AM
KC Offline
Well, thank ya, Jennifer! I'll keep you in mind if we really need someone to "sit" at the house! [Linked Image] We're in the middle of buying a kayak for our guests to use. Won't that be fun??

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#44060 09/27/01 09:17 AM
B
B
Not a Honemoon Place just a Marriage Recipe I found and thought it may be useful to you.

5 Tablespoons of Understanding
1 Cup of Tolerance
1/2 Cup of Sweetness
4 Tablespoons of Like
6 Tablespoons of Love
1/2 Cup of Gentleness
4 Tablespoons of Sensitivity
Season with Desire, Need, Commitment

Directions:

Start with the basic ingredients of Love and Like,seasoned with Desire, Need and Commitment, then add 1/2 cup of Gentleness and stir until soft, but peaking.

Add tablespoons of Sensitivity until very smooth, then continue to add Tolerance until all the lumps are gone.

Mix "briskly" until thick.

Cook slowly - for too much heat too quickly,
may scorch it, damaging your previous efforts.

If this occurs, remove the outer shell, re-stir and add the desired ingredients to accomplish smoothness, but peaking.

Re-cook per directions, and remember -

Only the outer shell was damaged,

the basic ingredients remain.

The quantity may be slightly reduced, but not the quality.

Apply maximum pressure until completely done and firm.

Note:

It is perfectly acceptable to add a pinch of argument and, now and then, discontent . . .
this adds flavoring and makes appreciation of the dessert.

Good Luck

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.