Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#440779 06/16/12 04:10 PM
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Not sure if anyone knows of these vehicles or not but I just got one for my farm in North Carolina. Comparable in price to a Polaris Ranger but made entirely in the USA and the frame and virtually all the metal used is aluminum and therefor much more resistant to salt corrosion than iron/steel. The big plus is the huge clearance from the ground and it is completely quiet - no noise at all. Range is about 40 miles on straight and level and it is a 72 volt system. I have a Polaris Ranger on the island and have all kinds of problems with corrosion and also the guys that claim they can work on them. Hope this sparks some interest as I think this would handle the road in virtually season/condition. If any people are interested you can go to their website. I have no financial interest in this whatsoever but would be happy to assist anyone interested.

Captain One Iron
Website link please - these look great! Thanks so much for posting.

OP Offline

Captain One Iron
Went online and got the site but can't seem to get a sense of price. Anybody have a ballpark cost on the basic model?

OP Offline
Diane, this one has a base price of roughly 13K. They have several other models that are less expensive but they look closer to golf carts than this one which is an entirely new design. It is a wonderful vehicle to drive. Easy to steer, very high ground clearance and tremendous torque immediately available. Disc brakes, front and rear lights, etc are standard equipment.

Captain One Iron
M
M
These look very interesting but are they really aluminum? The website says powder coated steel. I'm considering the clubcar XRT which is aircraft grade aluminum and is available with a diesel engine.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MikeW; 06/20/12 01:33 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.