Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
To those of you who are reading this message board and are thinking of canceling your trip to Belize because of what happened a week ago, don't let that jerk win. I am scheduled to fly in on Thanksgiving and you better believe I am going come hell or high water. I love Belize and if I cancel my trip I am letting it be known that I am afraid to travel, afraid to leave my country and afraid to be free. I AM NOT AFRAID. Do you hear me? Being afraid of something means being locked in a box. We are not a fearful country. We are Americans, proud of who we are and what we stand for. Just my thoughts. Becky.

Glad you're still going! I was SO DISAPPOINTED AND MAD that I had to cancel my trip last week (I had no choice in the matter, couldn't reschedule, etc., since I'm moving & starting a new job (leaving Sat. to drive across the country!). I'll be flying down to AC at my first opportunity. Maybe I'll get lucky and see you there Thanksgiving.
One can hope!

B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks IslandJunkie, this means even more to me than normal. I hate to fly but it's more important to me to get on a plane now than before. I leave for Italy in 2 weeks and it's not something I'm thrilled about, but I am not going to let this guy in Afghanistan win. Hope to meet you one day. Take care. Becky.

I agree. If he (they) sees us gripped in fear, he'll be nothing short of ecstatic and delighted. That's what he (they) wanted in the first place. I would hate that we have to cease our way of life and bend to theirs. Those people are so miserable, especially the women who actually committ suicide, that they dream of having the freedome we do..... Be an example, or all those who hope and dream, will be hopeless..........

B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Hope more people out there are thinking like you Debbie.

K
K
I am NOT changing my plans to come in October unless the airlines are not flying! Delays? I will go to the airport the night before if I have to. Sleep on the floor with a sign around my neck saying, "wake me at 4 am for my six thirty flight". I refuse to live in a closet in fear. I hope other people do not put their lives on hold due to this. Also, our travel boosts everyone's economy. We cannot afford to lose even one major airline. The repercussions are huge. Just MHO. Kim

M
M
You'd better believe it -- Osama bin Laden and his sorry band of cockroaches have not won. Oh, I'm nervous, we're all nervous...but scared...wanting to hide? FORGET IT!

I heard yesterday from one of my clients who drives a van to pick up the elderly who are on medicaide and get them to doctor's appointments on time. She states that on several occasions, she arrived at the door to pick up these people, and they would not leave thier homes because they are afraid of the terrorists........ My heart just broke. They are literally going without medical attention out of fear!!! There has got to be some sort of education done through our media. Instead of hype and distorted facts to gain ratings, they need to be educating the people. Those who are unable to sort and sift throught the myriads of information, need something simple and direct. We can't breed panic.....
thoughts on this????
Debbie

Becky, I admire your resolve & am sure you will have a great trip to Italy. Hope to meet you one day, too!
IJ (the other becky)

Debbie, what you shared about the people going without medical care is truly heartbreaking. I'm at a loss as to what to do about it, though. Us who are younger are probably a little more resilient and defiant and more willing to fight back. I can only hope that with time the fear will lessen and life "as usual" will continue for everyone.

L
L
I don't plan on cancelling an upcoming November trip to Cabo, but I know I will be damn relieved once the plane lands safely! I am one that doesn't like flying (nothing a shot of gold and a Mexican beer cannot cure). I am afraid, especially after articles in today's paper that the FBI believes further attacks may be in the works.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.