Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Nobody You Know
Aiming anything at Dubya should absolutely be forbidden.We are not to make fun of the "special."

Bwah-ha-ha! grin

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
The "special" on this board is what makes it soooooo much fun! smile
So many.....So Easy!!!!! laugh laugh

Speaking of "special":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ6PvZ3w4cs

NOW THATS SPECIAL!!!
and ....can you imagine mind-numbed idiots applauding for it!!!
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh but alas....... sick

OOPS this belongs in CRAP but someone said "special" wink

C
C
[Linked Image]
grin grin grin

YOU again? wink laugh

See what I mean?

Now for a change of pace....

Scott Walker-Bashing Bill Maher Calls For Public Pension Reform

By Noel Sheppard | July 06, 2012 | 09:41

This will show you what a bloviating hypocrite Bill Maher is.

After comparing Wisconsin's Republican Governor Scott Walker to the mentally-handicapped banjo player in the film "Deliverance" last month, the vulgar comedian on Thursday called for public pension reform:

Providence, Rhode Island, was going bankrupt. So last month -- in cooperation with the unions -- they reformed the pension system. You can do this stuff, if both sides agree not to be assholes. One of the things they did was get rid of the 5 percent and 6 percent annual increases given to about 600 former firefighters and police. Another was to cap future pensions at 1.5 times the state's median annual household income, or about $82,000. Which doesn't sound like any robber barons are kicking the stool out from under the workingman, but that's just me.

There are two dozen city retirees collecting more than $100,000 a year in Providence. Which is nice for them, but hard on a tiny city of people who aren't evil or greedy or anything. Really. I've been there.

Maher offered as an example a former fire chief who retired in 1991 at the age of 55 making $63,510 a year. As his contract guaranteed a 6 percent cost of living increase each year, he's now making $196,813.

If he lives to be 100, under the old system, he would make $700,000 a year.

"So Providence -- and the whole state, governed by our old pal Linc Chafee, neither greedy nor evil, nor out to destroy the middle class -- are suspending cost of living increases, and capping benefits," wrote Maher.

"I think we need unions. But when people hear about the retired fireman whose pay doubles every twelve years, you can see how they might not like it."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...favor-public-pension-refor#ixzz1zxWyKm4s

SORRY...THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED ON THE DAILY CRAP THREAD!

Last edited by pugwash; 07/08/12 05:52 AM.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
R
R
Yes Providence escaped but Central Falls had to file for banrupcy. RI is a mess and getting worst by the day. I live about 30 minutes from Providence in the summer and Massachusetts isn't far behind the financial eightball. Some of the cities have hired firefighters and police under stimulus grants. These grants say that you must keep the police and firemen on for 2 years after the grant runs out or pay back the money. Guess what, they didn't have the money to do that so now they had to get new grants recently to keep them on. They kicked the can down the road for another year or two. Also if they lay off the firemen or policemen they have to pay them unemployment for (1 year - 2 years) because they don't pay into the unemployment system. They are screwed either way and they can not afford the city workers who are retiring.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/b...ension-crisis-is-now.html?pagewanted=all

Last edited by ragman; 07/07/12 02:23 PM. Reason: sp

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
C
C
It's a joke Pug wink You need to get a sense of humor and lighten up. grin I'm just feeding your innate paranoia grin

The poor world economy is a product of the "global" recession....that is unless you just want to blame it on Obama grin

Originally Posted by clover
It's a joke Pug.that is unless you want to blame it on Obama grin

I'll drink to that smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.