Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The Lions Club of San-Pedro has appointed a new President and they are optimistic and excited about plans going forward. Love News spoke by telephone with the new president, Mel Spain.

MEL SPAIN, President of San Pedro Lions Club

“Well it’s a privilege and joy for me to be the new President of the San Pedro Lion’s Club.  I have finally decided to challenge this presidency because for many years I’ve been running away from it and it finally catched up on me.  I am very proud to be the new president and I promise to work hand in hand with the residence of San Pedro and my Lion member and the other Lions country wide.  We have Lions in Belize City, in Belmopan and we try to assist in anyways, anybody that is sick and they come to us for a little donation or anything we try to give them.  We personally here in San Pedro, we did really good, we make some good profit off the go go and we have our regular customers that come out, our supporters that come out every Friday night, rain or shine we have our crowd.  We are doing good with this and we have a bar-b-que every Friday night too, which we have Mr. Rey who does our bar-b-que for us.  It’s very, very popular.  We help in many many areas, like we help when they have any kind of disaster, well I can’t tell you how much we contribute but we contribute quite a lot.  We just contribute to people when they come up.  I would like to encourage all the residence and people in this country to try and form more Lions Club that we can try and help the people that are in need because we all need one another, we all need each other and that’s the bottom line.”

Mel Spain, the new president of the Lions Club of San Pedro. 

LOVEFM

Click here to read the another article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Lions Club on San Pedro does good things

Formed in 1975, the San Pedro Lions Club has been serving the community of that municipality for over thirty years. The club was formed with the aim of providing health services and the development of community projects to assist schools and vulnerable groups likes the poor and elderly. Over the past weekend, the Lions Club elected a new President, Merlene Spain.

Merlene Spain, President, San Pedro Lions Club

"I've been involved in the Lion's Club for the past ten years and I was given the opportunity to serve as the new president. I've been dodging it for the past three or four years but they caught me this time and I accepted the post as the president."

Andrea Polanco

Merlene Spain

"Now, tell us, what are some of your plans for your term?"

Merlene Spain

"Well we will continue doing our regular bingo and weekly barbecue. We have projects in the Mosquito Coast where we have a park down there and we are renovating it and putting more seating and palapas. We have all the tour guides who go up there when they have tourists so they use it as a park."

Spain says that over recent years they've seen an increasing need for the club's presence on the island. The first meeting of the new committee is set to take place in the upcoming weeks.

Channel 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.