Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#442794 07/18/12 04:14 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Hello all. I am a first timer here. My girlfriend and I will be spending 8 nights at White Sands Cove in August (a few miles north of town). We are completely excited! Been doing a lot of research. Was wondering if anyone had any great restaurant recommendations for our area north of town? Preferably some on the cheaper end that have good quick food and won't charge a ton? Any happy hour specials/anything like that?

All help is much appreciated!

N
N
The bar at Akbol yoga resort serves excellent food at very reasonable prices (about 20 minutes walk south of where you are going to be). It is very caual and you just sit around the bar or on one of the 3/4 tables on the beach. We go there a lot for the yoga and the food!

Enjoy!

B
B
Akbol is a great breakfast and lunch...Palapa Bar is fun and good bar food. Rojo Lounge is VERY tasty. You have a bunch of great choices up there.

There is also a bar/grill right where you'll be staying, White Sands Cove, though we've never tried it. Most of the choices north of the bridge are a little on the pricier side (i.e., Capricorn, Aji, etc.), but Legends burger house is south of where you'll be, and Ak'Bol is great, as others have said. They did just raise the prices on all menu items but are still pretty reasonable.

Most of the real bargain food is found in town, however.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Rendezvous has a reasonable lunch menu.........very close to where you are staying....dinner is a little pricey but well worth it.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
D
D
We love the fish&chips at Fido's on front street. Akbol is very good, must have a Smoothie there. Then walk a couple of blocks south to the Palapa Bar for a few beers.

A bit of a jaunt north of you, but why not try the newest location for Jambel's at Xaman Ek. I haven't made it up there myself since they've recently opened, but have been eating at the intown Jambel's locaton(s) for years. It is my understanding that Linda is up there working with them, and so you should have lovely experience.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

T
T
Don't usually reply but this is right in my wheelhouse.
I have stayed nextdoor to White Sands a few times so I do know the local fare. Last 2 week trip in May we ate at (up north)Palapa Bar (my favorite palce for taking fish we caught) , Aji, Akbol (great breakfasts), Capricorn, Capt. Morgans, Cowboy Dougs, the burger palce and the Irish pub. Kept missing the Pirates Villa BBQ but hear it is good (we really miss the Lazy Croc). All were good, Aji and Capricorn are always top of the list.
Take the Island Ferry into town and don't miss Mango's, Blue Water Grill, Fido's, Elvi's, street vendors on the weekends in the square, and breakfast or lunch at Estelle's Dine by the Sea(our all time favorite for over 15 years !)
Loads of others but these are

Excellent suggestions Tubby Duck...

T
T
I 2nd that ,spot on

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.