Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#443000 07/21/12 11:09 AM
Z
Zalibee Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Taxis or Busses, are any of them equipped to carry a wheelchair? Not the fold up sort though, one of the electric ones.

Thanks

Don't sweat the little things...
No not that I have ever seen.

Z
Zalibee Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Thank you

Don't sweat the little things...
C
C
We have a good number of taxi vans that can carry big wheelchairs.Also our bus service will be able to put the larger electric wheel chairs in the back door of most buses. In reality they are not equipped but can find room and the Belize people are humble and respectful when it deals with folks in need as long as you are in need and humble yourself, I would think you could travel in the country on the bus. If you have enough patience to do it. So its a complete yes on Taxis, the Bus would be an adventure but I am sure they would work with you. I have the phone numbers of several taxis that could help if you want. My X husband was an electric wheelchair world traveler, we did Banf, Hawaii, Italy, Belize, Costa Rico, etc...sadly he passed 15 yr ago. The chairs where bigger then as well. Also no problem with the electric chair on any water taxi...come and enjoy..
To Debunk..we have a very lovely young woman that runs our Traffic Dept..on an electric wheelchair..She is very beautiful an shopping in the City and travels to Mexico she has no problems..

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
To Cooper My brother is a quad in a wheelchair and my mom lived in a wheelchair with us in Belize for 4 years before her death so as to your private PM cram it. I believe the poster was asking if there are facilities and busses or vans with lifts for chairs like in the US. There are none that I have seen in Belize.

Last edited by dabunk; 07/23/12 04:47 AM.
C
C
My late husband was a quad, on top of that he had to be fed with a stomach tube and could not speak for the last 7 yrs of his life, but we were able to do wonderful things during those years, traveling through many national parks, even flying to Hawaii. With the help of many great people willing to help transferring him. We never had a lift of any sort. Never say never. Belize is not handicap accessible, thats for sure, it would almost be easier to get around in a regular wheel chair with the uneven street curbs in the City and San Ignacio and the traffic in San Pedro. Sorry Dabunk..I see the electric scooters here often, they have to get here sommehow!!!!

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.