Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

The San Pedro Branch of the Belize Red Cross is looking for people who would like join our team.

To register there is an annual membership fee of BZ$25.00 per year for Volunteers and BZ$100.00 for Contributing Members. This annual fee is used by the Branch for development and execution of community activities. Belize Red Cross has a very minimal financial base and the volunteer and membership fees are designed to help sustain the organization.

The Belize Red Cross has a Headquarters (HQ) in Belize City and 7 Branches throughout the 6 administrative Districts of the country. San Pedro makes the 8th and the newest reactivated Branch

To register or get more information please email tacogirlbelize[at]gmail[dot]com
A few interesting facts about the Belize Red Cross:

The Red Cross has had a presence in Belize since 1914, the Clarion news paper carried out a request for the women of British Honduras to assist in WW1 War effort by knitting and sending warm clothing to the Red Cross in England.

Today the Belize Red Cross does a wide range of programs: including vulnerability and capacity assessments, forming training and equipping community disaster response teams such as first responders, developing community emergency plans, specialized training for volunteers, education of communities in health and disaster preparedness, certifying home care givers, assessing family needs, providing psychological support, teaching and administering first aid, training staff and volunteers, planning with stakeholders, working with schools and training students in preparedness, strategic pre-stocking of relief items and so much more.

First official San Pedro Branch Red Cross volunteer and Member sign up Wednesday March 13th from 10:00am - 1:00pm. Our office is located in Island Galleria, big white at the corner of Coconut Drive and Tarpon st.

Please pass this information along to anyone you think would like to volunteer.

Our first effort is going to be a super fun funky musical fundraiser at Legends Burger house. Sunday March 25th from 12pm - 7pm

We are looking for grill masters and bussers among other things.

Link to fundraiser info
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/432525/Save_the_Date_Sunday_March_25t.html#Post432525

Thanks smile

Last edited by tacogirl; 03/13/12 01:37 PM.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

R
R
I would like to join as a contributing member Marty..I will be relocating to SP next month..I also mentioned that I can donate everything "Tacogirl" is looking for on her wish list.

Thanks so much Retired on wanting to become a contributing member and being able to donate our wish list.

We can work out sign up and everything when you arrive.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

M
M
David and I are volunteers for the San Pedro branch of the Red Cross. We will be visiting local businesses this week to ask for donations for the raffles at the San Pedro Red Cross fundraiser on March 25th. If any business would like to contribute, you may post your gift here, also. We will stop by or contact you to collect your contribution.

The Red Cross is also looking for more volunteers. Please PM me or come to the fundraiser at Legends Burger House on Sunday, March 25th from Noon to 7 pm.

Any support is sincerely appreciated!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Red Cross community information meeting

Monday night June 4th 7pm - 9pm
San Pedro Town Council Conference room - ground floor back of the building.

Topics for discussion

1.Debriefing session of field work

2. Presentation of data to communities &

3. Selection of Micro Projects

Thanks for posting Marty, you reminded me to hit facebook too.

A
A
To be a contributing member, do you have to be physically located in San Pedro?

You do not necessarily have to be here agavegirl. We have welcome help from afar.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Good morning all

I invite you to come to the Belize Red Cross community meeting tonight.

7pm town council conference room - ground floor back of the building.

Volunteers who have started the island mapping process will be presenting their findings to Ms Jes and Mr Fred who will be coming in from Belize City.

All the best
Laurie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.