Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
JBoats Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and currently reside in the USA. I'm finding the US to be a more and more dreadful place to live these days and at the age of 40 I'd like to escape before it's too late. I'd like to have my own business in a beautiful tropical paradise like Belize maybe near San Pedro, but I know nothing about it other than what I see on-line. My interests are Sailing my 42 foot sloop, diving, windsurfing, playing guitar, and Craft Beer.

Do you think there would be a market for a Craft Beer Pub catering to American and British.. vacationers? Are there extra regulations involving Alcohol permits? Is there competition already for this market? How expensive are the leases on business properties in the prime locations and is there availability? Lastly, is it easy to find a dock or marina to slip my boat?

Thanks, J

Kind of like asking someone else to do the reading for you and supply your instructions, isn't it?

J
JBoats Offline OP
OP Offline
J
You might be surprised at what I already know but nothing beats real information from the locals. Discovering what the locals think of a Craft Beer Pub/Brewery can't be found out in any other way but asking.

Thanks for your help though that was very informative and really lets me know how at least one Belizean feels.

Thought you said you'd done your homework/reading? My guess is maybe not so much. Read this:

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/404971/1.html

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
You are trying to do something that all around cant be done. A trip here would answer all your questions, but knowone has the time to explain..its just not doable...

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
There is a monopoly in Belize on beer production. Only one company allowed by the GOB.

B
B
Things can change...

C
C
not anymore, things have changed!!

T
T
The possibility exists you would do well,there has never been one , so what your asking is based on opinions and not facts. Sounds like a good idea , like many ; good luck!

S
S
Tim, you seem to forget about Ambergris Brewing...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.