Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
OP Offline
K
I am wondering if there are tours to the Lamanai Ruins directly from San Pedro or will I have to transfer to Belize City and then take a trip to the ruins? Thanks.

B
B
Searious, Seaduced, and Tanisha all do the tours from San Pedro. They will pick you up at your hotel's dock.

They go by boat from the island across the back bay and catch a river into the mainland, the river gets shallow at the village of Bomba where they transfer from the Boat to a bus, the bus is about a 40 min. ride to the next river then transfer to another boat that ends at the rainforest where the ruins are.
For me the trip there is a major part of the adventure.
Both rivers are full of wild life and the guides stop and point out things like birds , Bats , crocks, monkeys etc.
I suggest the trip to birders.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
D
D
If you go, get a weather report for your trip. It will be an all day adventure and could possibly rain on your fun, or most of the day as in our trip to Lamanai. Bring some rain gear. A great trip for the money , will definitely go again.

N
N
We took friends with Serious a couple of weeks ago and had a great trip! As Elbert says the travel is as much fun as the site itself. Serious doesnt go via Bomba but instead goes a short way up the Old Belize river before tranferring to the bus (because it makes the bus trip less bumpy), then you pick up the 2nd boat on the New river at the usual place. One of our favorite full days out (including the rum punch supplied)
and have now done it about 4-5 times over the years!

M
M
We have used Tanisha for several tours and the one to Lamanai was well worth it.

K
OP Offline
K
Thanks for all the quick replies. I will check out all the suggested tour companies for a trip when I'm there in Oct. Can't wait!

N
N
Having been to San Pedro and Belize several times we are very comfortable with the water taxis. Are there any tours to Lamanai that leave from the mainland that would be cheaper than paying the tour boat over to the mainland, etc. Going for several weeks this time so trying to save money where we can.

Lamanai tours run about $110 to $125 pp from Bz City.

Tours from Orange Walk Town still run US$45 or so, so if you can get up there (and back to Belize City in time to get back to San Pedro) you'll save money. But whether it's worth the hassle and stress as opposed to a tour from San Pedro is debatable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.