Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: September 12, 2012

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Mostly dry weather conditions prevail.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Mostly sunny today and partly cloudy skies tonight. Showers or thunderstorms will be isolated.
Winds: East to northeast at 5 - 15 knots.
Marine Forecast: Today: Winds: E/NE 5-15 kts.; Seas: Choppy.; Waves: 2-4 ft.; isolated showers or thunderstorms. Outlook: Thursday night:- Winds: East 5-15 kts.; Seas:Light chop - choppy; Waves: 1-3 ft.; isolated showers or thunderstorms.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 84
Outlook: Through to Friday morning: Similar weather to prevail.

Tropical Weather Outlook: At 3:00am Tropical Storm Nadine was located near 18.6°N,46.6°W or about 995mls east northeast of the Lesser Antilles.The storm was heading west-northwest at 17mph with maximum sustained winds of 45 mph.
Click for our complete daily Tropical Weather Information

WEEKLY WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR BELIZE
Valid: Monday-Monday, Sep. 10-17, 2012

HAPPY 10th SEPTEMBER!

Here is the Weekly Outlook. It will continue unseasonally dry this working week. Very unsual. Not a tropical wave in the Caribbean at the moment. Some thunderstorms noted around T & T and the ABC Islands..

The Caribbbean will continue remarkably quiet this week except in the SW where moisture will concentrate around mid week, but will move inland over Nicaragua/Honduras by Thursday and Friday.

Have a fine week!

RFrutos

An upper level low near northern Yucatan this morning is forecast to drift SE into the NW Caribbean over the next 24-36 hours and gradually dissipate. This feature will continue to support a few showers and some thunderstorms over and offshore Belize through Tuesday. A weak low pressure system will develop over the extreme NW Caribbean and Belize on Wednesday, but the lack of moisture and unfavorable environmental conditions will not support much convective activity with this system. Otherwise, an east to east-northeasterly airflow will prevail across Belize during this working week through the upcoming weekend, associated with a weak pressure pattern over the NW Caribbean.

Convergence of moisture is forecast in the SW Caribbean east of NE Nicaragua and Honduras in association with a surge in the low level easterly jet around and after mid week. However, organization of this disturbance is not expected as it moves over land across northern Nicaragua and Honduras by Thursday and Friday.

No tropical cyclone is expected to form or move into the Caribbean region during the next seven days. September 10th marks the historical peak of the North Atlantic Hurricane season. In the Atlantic we have tropical storm Leslie heading toward Newfoundland, while hurricane Michael is located in the central Atlantic west of the Azores, heading westwards. A tropical disturbance is located midway between the Caribbean and the Cape Verde Islands. This system has a 90 % chance of becoming a tropical cyclone over the next 48 hours as it drifts WNW at 15 to 20 mph. The forecast track has this disturbance veering NW away from the Caribbean. So, the Caribbean will remain remarkably quiet over the next seven days. Nevertheless, we must remain vigilant as we move into the latter part of September and the month of October, when the preferential areas for tropical cyclone formation shifts to the western Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico.

Rainfall rates over Belize will be in the range of 0.50-0.75 of-an-inch on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday in the heavier showers and thunderstorms, especially along the coast and in the South. Daily rainfall rates will decrease on Wednesday through the weekend, with daily accumulations of only 0.10-0.25 of-an-inch in locally isolated showers or isolated thunderstorms, especially in the interior and in the hills. Rainfall will be minimal elsewhere during this period.

CLICK HERE for the full Belize Weekly Weather Report

Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 31° C
88° F
24° C
75° F
Inland 33° C
91° F
21° C
70° F
Hills 25° C
76° F
19° C
66° F
TIDES:
High - 6:51 AM Low - 2:06 PM
High - 7:58 PM Low - 1:32 AM (THUR.)
Sunrise - 5:40 AM Moonrise - 3:17 AM (THUR.)
Sunset - 5:57 PM Moonset - 3:24 PM PM

Four Day Weather Outlook:

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

Last edited by Marty; 09/13/12 07:29 AM.
[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning despite this dark cloud its going to be a sunny day with calm seas. expected high is 88f. and at the moment we have sun and zero breeze.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I almost hate to say it because I know the tourists love the weather we've been having for the past few weeks...but I find myself wishing for rain and cooler temperatures! It's getting downright dusty out there again...and it's rainy season?!

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
BUT ........ no mossies.
:-)

(also not so many tourists)

I'm washing out the cisterns and preparing to catch a fresh batch before the dry season starts.

White Sands Dive Shop
Originally Posted by elbert
I'm washing out the cisterns and preparing to catch a fresh batch before the dry season starts.

Elbert, what is it you are washing out and what is the process?

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Bird droppings, leafs, palmetto berry, tree frogs , the usually mix in my drinking water.
I use my power washer from Castio's hardware.

White Sands Dive Shop
Originally Posted by elbert
Bird droppings, leafs, palmetto berry, tree frogs , the usually mix in my drinking water.
I use my power washer from Castio's hardware.

So thats the flavor difference I taste in the water!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
We cleaned out cistern at the begining of RAINY season and still waiting for the rain!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
BUT ........ no mossies.
:-)

(also not so many tourists)

Very true, Diane! About those two fact I can't complain. Also no sand flies... grin

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.