For the September Celebrations, in honor of George Price, Wednesday, September 19th is National Service Day. There are quite a few events planned around Cayo. There will also be a cadlelight vigil in the evening at the Sacred Heart Church. What do you have planned for National Service Day?
- Distributing of food baskets to widows in Cayo Central
- Repairs to basketball courts in Santa Elena
- Clean up of Octavia Waight compound
- Setting up signs (scientific and common names of trees) at the Macal River Park
- Planting of fruit and shade trees at orphanage in Cotton Tree
- Buena Vista School "Brightening" Project - installing of garbage drums and picnic tables, painting, bush-hogging, book drive, ...