One effort that caught our attention was the work at the Victoria Alvarez Park. That's the park on North Front Street that Marsha Argalles adopted after her son 9 year old Joshua Abraham was killed a year ago.

She tried to organize the effort the re-fit the park earlier this year - but the effort fizzled when she ran out of building supplies. But today the effort got a mass infusion of energy, man and woman power and resources. Volunteers from Restore Belize, NICH, Atlantic Bank and the National Youth Cadet Corps descended on the park in a whirlwind of productivity.

Marsha Argalles told us that she was overwhelmed and inspired:..

Jules Vasquez
"How is it going out here today?"

Marsha Argalles
"Excellent Jules, my heart is filled with joy. I cried already, it's overwhelming. So many people that came out; Belize City Council, Restore Belize, Atlantic Bank, Women's Department, Cadets - they work and work, it's amazing."

Jules Vasquez
"It's almost like a fast motion video. So many things are happening all at once. What are you trying to accomplish by the end of the day?"

Marsha Argalles
"What I want is at least the plastering and the painting and the sign; I want to finish put up the sign; the name of the park and I want to at least put in the swings and the benches. I have other things to put in but I won't be able to do it by Friday. It's like 90% almost finish."

Jules Vasquez
"What's it like now that your dream, your vision is so near to completion?"

Marsha Argalles
"Words can't explain. I don't even have words to explain; it's amazing. I am so happy because it's getting done for the kids in the neighborhood because they are so anxious. Every day it's like 'Ms. Marsha, when will you finish' and now they are seeing it, they can't wait. I am happy for them. I am ready to go on my other project."

Her next project is a football pitch on the adjoining property.

Channel 7