Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Tammy --

You will be fine which ever you pick. We've eaten several times at both. Check to see whether Capricorn is big enough for your party. Mambo certainly is. And while we have always enjoyed the food and people at Mambo, I have to say that Capricorn is a remarkable restaurant for any local, both in the food and the people.

And, by the way, the jerk pit has great Jamaican food. My wife agrees, and she should know. Stop by sometime while your there.

Mike Ryan

S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am still waiting to here from Capricorn about the travel fees to get to their restaurant. I asked Iraida, from Travel Tour Belize, her opinion and she also chose Capricorn and said that the restaurant would be perfect. So, I don't know. Maybe we will change restaurants, maybe we won't. I'm just going to wait to hear from Capricorn on their travel fees first before I do anything.

Thanks everyone, for your help and opinions on the restaurants!

Hi,
I own the Island Ferry, and had submited a quote on your group. As one of your repliers stated, the regular price per person is $10us one way.
I quoted a price for your group at half price which is $5us per person one way.
I realize that with as many people as you are trying to transport it will be expensive. One of the problems is that over 20 normally requires two boats, which of course doubles the cost with the gas and captain.
I realize this is expensive, but I cannot go lower than half of the normal price. As another replier said, if you choose a restaurant closer, your price would be half as much. I am happy to help in any way, and you are welcome to contact me personally through email.
Thank you,
Tom
Island Ferry

KC Offline
JACKPOT!!! Island-Ferry-Man Tom, you are just the person I want to talk to! I have questions.

Will the Island Ferry stop at the Los Encantos Pier?

If not, will it stop at the SunDiver Pier?

Is it the same price (10 US) from Journey's End, as it is from Sun Diver (or anywhere north of Journey's End)?

How do I "catch" the ferry? Call? Flag at end of pier? or?

Thank you SO MUCH for answering these questions for me. I'd like to use the Ferry next time I come down, but I need to know more about "how".

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Tom for your reply and also for the consideration that you are giving me to make the travel the least expensive for me as you can. I really appreciate the help!

My final guest count is below what we had originally thought. We had some people call this past weekend who were still a bit hesitant to fly so a couple of the wives are staying home but their husbands are going. So, we have a count of 17 so far.

We are definitely going to go to Mambo's. I do not have the time to make any changes for restaurants and I believe we will have a great time there.

I do not have your e-mail address but am curious as to how late your ferry runs?

KC Offline
Tammy,

You will have a great time at Mambos. Arrive early enough to explore the grounds and beach a little bit before dinner, if you can. And do order the chocolate thing for dessert, if you are a chocolate lover. They will know what you mean if you order, "the chocolate thing!" [Linked Image]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
C
C
Tammy,

I know what you're going through having just tied the knot myself however, I did not have to do it at a distance to where I live. All I can say is that if you don't delegate, you may end up so wound up by the time dinner arrives that you won't enjoy yourself. This happened to me. I wanted everything to be perfect and more importantly all taken care of so nobody had to worry about a thing. The morning of my wedding I was delegating left and right because I ran out of time, I was so rushed and stressed that I almost passed out in the church. Try to get your wedding party to do things for you, perhaps your maid of honor could arrange to switch the meal because it sounds like you might want to now but can't because of time.

Whatever happens, good luck and perhaps us "honeymooners" will meet up with you "newlyweds" somewhere along the way - we are arriving on the 9th of Nov.

Hi Kathy and Tammy,
The ferry leaves Fido's going North every hour from 10am to 10pm. We stop at any pier that is safe or deep enough, which is almost all of them.
We do have discounted prices for groups over 7 people. Also, if there are mulitple trips I can give you a little more discount. I can also offer you other trips besides just a ride to dinner as a group. We are not allowed to take people as a "tour", but can take your group on a Sunset cruise, bar-hopping, or over to the next island, Caye Caulker for an excursion.
I can answer any other questions, and please email me at [email protected], because I do not normally have time to visit this board on a regular basis, but only heard that you were having a hard time getting answers.
You will have a great wedding!
Tom

Hi Again,
To answer some of the other questions:
Although the Ferry's last trip is 10pm, we keep a water taxi on duty, and make trips at Midnight, 1:00am, 2:00am, and 3:00am on weekends or special nights. We will also make any other arrangement if a reservation is made. An additional $5bz is charged after 10am, and that is for the captain to make sure he shows up. It is difficult for him to work that late, and I try to make it worth his while.
Thanks again,
Tom
Yes, we stop at Los Encantos Pier, and it is the same price as Sundiver which is $10us. Journey's End is the cutoff point and is $5us.
The reason is that we have volume to Journey's End, and there are very few rocks, beyond that point, we have to be careful and risk damaging the engines on coral heads. Ask Mambo how many times they have damaged their boats and the cost, and you will begin to realize the cost of operating in that area.

KC Offline
Thank you so much for that specific reply to our questions. Sounds great!

Kathy

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.