Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#447935 10/03/12 10:38 AM
OP Offline
On Monday morning Marlon (Maya House) told Robert (my caretaker) that two of his bicycles had been stolen. Shortly thereafter Robert saw a dark skinned male ride by on one of them. He took chase in my golf cart and even though the guy hide out for a while Robert tracked him down. The guy wept and insisted he had 'borrowed' the bike from a friend.
When Robert and Marlon took the guy to the police he agreed to take them to his 'friend.' This was a place behind Capricorn. There they found a Latin type guy sleeping and Marlon's other bike. Ben from the Maya House had his bike stolen a week or so ago and there was his handlebars and basket . Robert looked for the weed-whacker that was stolen at the same time as Ben's bike but it was gone.
I wish that Robert had taken pictures of these thieves. I'll see if the police will release their names. It should be listed in the newspaper. Now that almost everyone has a camera on their phone it should be easy to get snapshots. Let's hunt these guys down and get rid of them!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
Thanks Harriette, although I know Marlon, Robert and Ben and they are all good men, it is sad that they have to do the detective work for the police. I can just see Robert taking off on your golf cart to chase the guy....did Pepe stay behind ?

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
OP Offline
I'll have to ask if Pepe was on the job.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Never mind the police, just shoot them.

1bzman
M
M
Go Robert!!!!!

And I think I'm right about there with ya, 1bzman!

Nonsense. This is a civilized country with rule of law. You must try them before shooting them...

The police just let them go so they can steal again.
If they ever get to a trial, the judge pats them on the back and says "don't do it again".

1bzman
Maybe they fell down on the way to town to the police station, and broke their own leg . . . It could happen . . .

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

M
M
Yep...slips, trips and falls...the number one cause of injuies...happens all the time. I'm just sayin'.

D
D
The mental picture of a golf cart and bicycle in a fast-paced, hair-raising pursuit is hilarious.

Maybe if the police and courts did their jobs too well, they'd be out of them soon!

And, on a small place like this, for a cop to actually catch and prosecute a crook is uncomfortable since you'll be seated across from him/her at your next family gathering!

Karma- It's everywhere you're going to be.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.