Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
osuivan Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I'm coming to AC next week to get married and I've been all over the internet researching the trip and found this great message board and figured I'd ask a few questions...

What are the rules for bringing liquor from the US?

What are some misc. items that most people don't think about to bring with us? (we've been told bug spray by many people)

What is a good web site to look at extended weather forecasts that you all use? I have found a couple and they all conflict each other a bit, figured you guys would know the accurate ones.

Any other tips and advice would be great, we're really excited to get down there!

T
T
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Don't bring liquor with you. I have found the liquor I drink (Grey Goose vodka) to be cheaper at the duty free shop in Belize City. When you land at Goldson Airport-BZE and go inside to wait for your bags, there is a duty free shop next to the carousel. I have found they are cheaper than the duty free shops leaving the U.S.

You can find just about everything you need on the island. Most say to bring bug spray. I always bring it but never have used it. Guess I am not sweet enough for the mosquitoes. Doesn't hurt to bring it though.

Now on to the weather... you can usually check this site for a daily weather forecast and sometimes a weekly. Elbert usually posts something along these lines. My honest opinion is dont worry about it. Its going to be warm and sunny most of the time. On occasion you may see a shower or two. You just wait out the showers in your room or a local bar. Dont let worrying about the weather effect your trip. I have been to San Pedro 3 times this year for a total of 4 weeks ( 2 weeks in the rainy season)and have only lost 1 day due to rains. It just happened to be the week after a hurricane.

Again enjoy your wedding and forget about the weather.

Tim

S
S
Yes to the duty free shop at the airport - you can get 4 liters total (6 bottles wine). Where are your staying? In any car, bring some bug spray, sunscreen, cheap ponchos incase the rain catches you...

The weather forecasts for this area are so inaccurate, it's better just to assume it's going to be warm, humid, and a mix of sun and clouds with occasional rain (mostly at night but not always) every day this time of year.

Sand flies (no-see-ums) are an issue this time of year, so a lot of people swear by baby oil. They can't bite through it. I don't like to get my legs and feet all oily, so I just put up with the bites and complain about 'em later. grin

Enjoy your stay!

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
O
osuivan Offline OP
OP Offline
O
We're staying at Coco Beach.

Do they sell champaign there at that shop as well?

Don't recall seeing champagne at the duty-free shop. Their wine selection is limited but prices are much, much better than anything you'll find in San Pedro.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
You picked a nice place. You may want to contact the resort and ask them if they can connect you to a liquor source since you are getting married there.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
ron Offline
R
I bought champaign there a couple years ago. But they don't always have the same thing. Better to buy that before you get to Belize.

O
osuivan Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks guys, we'll probably bring champaign and then buy the rest at the duty free shop.

M
M
And you can both buy the limit at the Belize duty free. Even the flight attendants will tell you it's the best price for liquor in the system. It can be easy to overlook it, so make sure and ask if you don't see it right off the bat, because you have to make your purchase before you go through customs.

I've learned to BRING LESS when going to Belize. Pack light. There are great stores if you need to buy anything, and then you'll have great memories (and often, a crazy story) to go with the purchase!

Have a WONDERFUL time, and congratulations!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.