Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
Were the proposed new Front Street parking rules ever adopted by the town council? We are coming down on Friday and would hate to be wrestled to the ground and tazed by parking commandos when we try to park our cart in front of the Holiday Hotel.

I got a ticket the other day for parking in a no parking zone near the park on Front Street. Upon micro inspection there was indeed a red stripe(possibly painted in the 70's). The ticket was $25.

S
OP Offline
S
Ahhh. The old barely discernible red paint on the curb ploy. I've been the victim of that one as well with the resulting $25 donation to San Pedro. If you get down on your hands and knees with a CSI paint analysis kit, sometimes you can make out specks of red paint still affixed to the concrete. I love those.

Haven't seen any enforcement of limited-time parking though.
How on earth this can be tracked and enforced in these conditions is a real head-scratcher.

In the olden days up here in the frozen north, the parking bylaw officers used to walk around the streets on foot, and mark cars on their tires with chalk. If the vehicle with marked tire was still there on the next walk round, then they'd been in place too long, and bingo bango . . . ticket under the wiper blade.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

SeaShell - you are right and we would set our timers for one hour and forty five minutes and go out and roll our car forward one tire turn.
We called the traffic cop Deputy Dawg.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
ron Offline
R
Isn't there something about letter of the law vs. spirit of the law? The purpose of the law is to allow everyone some opportunity to park in that space. Otherwise the city could rent the space. Which might be a good source of revenue for the city.

Until a few years ago, "Parking Regulations" and "San Pedro" were two phrases I never thought would go together! Times do change.

S
S
Yes - the additional "traffic cops" are really helping reduce crime - stopping Gringos, check out licensing (almost daily sometimes), ticket us for not figuring out which side of the street to park on and take away our bikes if we don't carry the original receipt on our person (the thermal ink has waayyy faded after 5 years, trust me...). Never mind ticketing tourists who have no way to figure out the red curbs. Kudos to them!

A
A
What are red curbs?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.