Where on the Island can you buy Belizean Rum Cake packaged to bring back to the US.?
comment by Marty…
gotta make it!!!!!
Belizean Rum Cake
This is tried and tested recipe for Belizean Style Rum Cake.
Belize Rum Cake
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines yellow cake mix the kind that uses 1 bar of butter
- 1 small pkg of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Belizean Rum
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all the above in a bowl and beat 3 mins with a mixer.
- In a bundt cake pan melt 1/2 bar butter add 1/2 cup brown sugar to it.
- and scattered a few pecans on bottom of cake pan. Pour Cake mixture over top and bake about 35 mins at 350 degrees F.
- While the cake is baking, in a small saucepan put 1/2 cup of rum add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 bar of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar or white sugar, bring to a boil and remove from stove.
- When cake is baked, prick cake with a skewer and gently pour rum syrup over it. Allow to soak a few minutes before before turning over on serving plate.
Belize News Post