Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44860 10/16/01 01:52 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I am looking for comments - pro & con - on Lily's Hotel. I want to stay in town & at a moderate priced place. Also what weather is to be expected last week of April - first week of May? Thanks to all in advance! Praying for all those who lost loved ones & homes due to the recent hurricane!

#44861 10/16/01 02:10 PM
L
L
Just there for my first time in early May this year. Weather was absolutely gorgeous. Rained only once, on the last night there. Going back this coming May!

#44862 10/16/01 04:34 PM
Bicycleman, we thought we were going to run into you back this past May. Looks like you didn't make it this year? Having explored the island fairly well, I don't think you can go wrong with any accommodations. The weather was perfect. Early May is great because it begins the off season with great discounts on hotels and fewer people (= more belikins for you!). Maybe we'll see you there this spring!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#44863 10/28/01 09:06 AM
bicycleman - have stayed at Lily's the past 2 years and will be staying again this Feb. Pretty hard to beat price wise, rooms were comfortable (basic) plus a fridge for your freshments, etc. I would recommend one of the ocean front rooms for the view and porch. I myself perferred upstairs as less sand from the breezes blowing (we did tho always leave our doors open while we sat out front). They do rinse down the area each morning. You are in the middle of downtown so for some it may be noisier but we never had much of a problem w/that except for some noisy guests staying below us (albeit they were younger and on vacation)a few nights last year. We were definitely early to bed, early to rise folks. I loved sitting out on the porch each morning and just watching the town get up each day. Wonderful sunrises!

#44864 10/28/01 11:21 PM
F
F
Stayed at Lily's last January for two weeks. We had a room upstairs oceanside and had a great visit. Rooms are clean and modest. No telephone or T.V. which was fine by us. Snowbird is right the sunrises are amazing! Got some great pic's. Really enjoyed watching the rays swim up in early evening. Easy access to everything and Lily's Treasure Chest has great lobster omlets for breakfast. Can rent a golf cart at Cholo's next door (Ya gotta buy a T-shirt). We kept fresh orange juice and belikins cold in the fridge in our room. I miss the island sooo much. Loved watching the children play from the varanda as they walked to and from school. The ocean side rooms are the best I think but the upper rooms on the side seemed okay too. I wasn't crazy about the inside hall way rooms but that's because I like to open up and get a breeze through. It's not fancy but we enjoyed our stay very much. In fact the Foot Doc was on the island this weekend and may have stayed there again. We met some really interesting people during our stay there. If you don't mind simple and easy, Lily's is a good choice I think. Enjoy your stay where ever you end up. I get "home-sick" just thinking about AC. Can't wait to return.

#44865 10/29/01 02:38 PM
Definitely ask for an ocean view room. Decide which is more important - privacy or people watching.
Upstairs is private and probably breezier. However, I stayed in #8 (corner lower level). I loved it that the veranda is right on the beach and people stop and talk if you are sitting out there. Some people even stop and sit on the veranda.
The first day my roommate came in complaining that "Someone is sitting on our porch!" I reminded her that it wasn't "our porch."
AND about those lobster omelets - Lily's will serve you at the table in front of your room if you are on the lower lever.
This is a good place for an economic stay - but it is NOT romantic.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#44866 10/31/01 03:00 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Snowbird, Scubalady, & foot/doc/chic - Thanks so much for the info on Lily's. It sounds just like I had pictured in my mind & just what I wanted. Reserved an ocean side room & like many others who have gone before me - CAN'T WAIT!!!

#44867 11/01/01 04:11 PM
Have a GREAT time and enjoy! I am already counting down days til Feb-100 to go!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.