Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44879 10/17/01 03:57 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I'm a first timer traveling to Ambergris for a 2nd Honeymoon. I have researched most of the lodging options available, and would like feedback on the following locations; Victoria's House, Trade Winds Paradise Villas, Banyan Bay, and Journey's End. Which of these four has the nicest beach, restaurant, accomdations etc.. Thanks in advance for your help!

#44880 10/17/01 04:06 PM
M
M
Hi Boilermaker

We stayed at Victoria House on our last visit. The accomodations were fine. The restaurant is quite decent, although we often ate other places. You really shouldn't miss going to Capricorn or the Mambo restaurant. And there are many other places very well worth the visit. Didn't use the beach, but it looks fine. Nice pool there, too, and quite pleasant and extensive grounds.

You're a little way south of town, but they provide golf carts. Never had a problem getting the use of one. And the ferry runs quite regularly if you're going up North.

Have a great time.

Mike Ryan

#44881 10/17/01 08:08 PM
S
S
We really enjoyed our stay at the Victoria House. They have a very nice pool, beach, bar and restaurant. I do advise exploring some of the other places to eat on the island , though. Capricorn restaurant was outstanding. When we go back we will stay at the Victoria House. It is worth the litle extra $.

#44882 10/18/01 05:16 AM
Boilermaker,

For a variety of reasons (too laborious to go into again) my choices would be either Victoria House or Banyan Bay. IMHO Banyan Bay would get the nod only because it is a wee bit closer to to town (reasonable walking distance). They will probably be about the same price, but BB is mostly 2BR units that would have a bit more space and some other useful features (fridge, small kitchen, etc.). It would appear that you are obviously a PU grad and therefore extraordinarily insightful, not to mention thoughtful (i.e. second honeymoon). You must however be cautious with San Pedro, it can be very addicting to Hoosiers.

CC

#44883 10/18/01 07:57 AM
Guess that explains Hoosier's fasination with Bobby Knight.

Gone fishing!!
#44884 10/18/01 08:14 AM
Yup,
All our ex's are in Texas. Thank God. No more chubby nut cases in red sweaters (I don't own one, thank you).

Boiler: If you're interested, stick in your email addy, and we can get you some more "Hoosier Homegrown" insight on SP. That way we can bore you senseless without bothering those who have comments of real substance.

CC

#44885 10/24/01 03:25 AM
Is that why I'm still here? I'm a Hoosier!

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
#44886 10/24/01 06:53 AM
But ya a sofisticated hoosier, Skinny!

Gone fishing!!
#44887 10/24/01 04:57 PM
R
R
Our family (including 12 year old) went to Journeys End last April. We plan on going back over Easter. Anyway, we went crazy planning and, in the end, we made the right choice in JER. JER was totally rebuilt after Hurrican Keith, so any comments prior to then may not be up to date. Of course, it depends on what you expect or what you are used to. Its far from town. But you can get back and forth by water taxi. If you like to snorkle, JER is much closer to the reef than resorts in San Pedro and south. You can kayak out to the reef very easily..no boat traffic...beautiful reef, fish, etc. We loved our pool side cabana...the grounds, the pool, the staff, the bar, etc. The only thing that wasn't 100% perfect was the food which was average, good, but not fancy. However, they had recently hired a chef from France (true) and they were re-designing the menu. I would recommend getting the meal plan since paying separately would be expensive in my opinion..unless you really want to treck into town and eat at many different places. We plan on going with the meal plan. Staying at a resort in or near San Pedro I would probably restaurant hop. Not practical from JER, but there are a couple of restaurants you can walk to (long walk..not too long..like Capt. Morgans). In summary, its beautiful, looked like a brand new resort. As far as beaches go, it had one..not huge, but sufficient. New beach furniture, etc. Alot of resorts have a sea wall and no beach. The beach isn't a real requirement as we really wanted to go out to the reef.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.