Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#45028 10/23/01 02:24 PM
Victoria House is a couple of miles from town, so it's more than a 20-minute walk (for me it's a couple of hours!) I agree that a golf cart is the way to go.

I think Victoria House would be a great place to get married. Portofino, when it opens, says it plans to "specialize" in weddings. Mata Chica does quite a few, I think, as do a number of other places.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#45029 10/23/01 03:14 PM
M
M
Victoria House is definitely choice...it's 2 miles from town and a nice walk...maybe 30-40 minutes...biking into town is great fun. Capricorn is a beautiful location and great food, I think it'd be my choice for a wedding dinner....you would have to take a water taxi though...but it's a nice trip under the stars!

#45030 10/23/01 04:00 PM
N
N
I would definitely rent a golf cart for the week. We didn't plan on it and thought, "Well, we will just get one for a couple of days." We ended up keeping them for the entire week. I think it would be quite a walk into town from Victoria House, but wouldn't take long at all in a golf cart. The thing I liked most about our wedding dinner was the fact they gave us a variety of menus to choose from with everyone having a least two choices. That way if everyone in the group doesn't love fish, they could have the pork instead. And the cake was wonderful!!! My only suggestion would be to bring your own champagne as it is very expensive on the island. Congratulations and let me know if you have any other questions.

#45031 10/23/01 04:48 PM
T
T
SunDiver was great, but it's on the north end. I do recommend it, though. The beach was beautiful and they went all out to make my wedding a success!
You definitely want to contact Iraida about the wedding plans. She will take care of EVERYTHING from the license to the flowers and musicians and photographer. She's great. No stress! Her website is www.BelizeWeddings.com
Send her an e-mail and she'll take care of it! Don't try to plan too much ahead of time. Just get your dress and your hotel/air tickets, reserve Iraida and Kay (the photographer - which Iraida can arrange) and the minister (which Iraida can arrange). Wait to choose the flowers and all the small stuff til you get there. I stressed too much about details before I left, and it was wasted stress!
Good luck! My wedding was so fabulous as I'm sure yours will be!! Here's a link to some more pictures to get you excited! http://community.webshots.com/user/turnbun

#45032 10/23/01 04:51 PM
T
T
One more thing: Nicki is right-bring your own champagne. We were so happy we did when we saw the poor and EXPENSIVE wine selection available on the island!

#45033 10/25/01 05:14 PM
OHHHHHH, I loved looking at BOTH your wedding pics again...

THANK YOU!

Don't forget to tell the idea of the "buckets" filled with all the cute useful stuff. I thought that idea was just great!

#45034 10/25/01 08:20 PM
B
B
Woods,

We got married and stayed at Cayo Espanto. It was great, romantic, quiet, and the service was beautiful.
It was off the island, so whenever we went to SP, we took a ferry, but it was perfect for us, because we both wanted a quiet honeymoon.
It was also very expensive, but it was a gift, so...Hey! Whatever. If we'd have paid, we may have gotten married in Vegas!
Turnbun is right - make your hotel arrangements, and let Iraida take care of everything! Because believe me, she can put on a wedding better than you imagined!
Here is a link to our pix: www.KayScott.com/Winslow

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.