Tonight, Belize's most popular Punta Rock artist Lova Boy is on the defensive - after LOVE FM broke the story yesterday that he is being investigated for "sexual battery" in Los Angeles.

This story has been swirling on Facebook for over a month without any charge being brought against LOVA BOY - whose legal name is Daniel Cacho.

But LOVE spoke to the mother of the 13 year old who alleges that LOVA BOY - a family friend - touched her inappropriately - and started doing it more than two years ago - when she was only ten. The formal complaint was made on the 13th. October.

LOVE has also gotten confirmation from the Special Victims Unit in South Los Angeles who have confirmed that Daniel Cacho is the subject of an investigation for an offence known as "sexual battery" in the United States. In Belize it would be called indecent assault.

Now he hasn't been charged - and the Los Angeles resident, who's been up and down between Belize and California in the past month - says he has not even been questioned.

But tonight, he's on the defensive and he proclaimed his innocence to Jules Vasquez:..

Lova Boy, Punta Rock artist
"I am 100% innocent of these allegations. I am very heartbroken and disappointed with the whole situation."

Jules Vasquez
"Have you been contacted by any investigator from special branch?"

"I was just informed earlier today that somebody wants to speak to me but no investigator, no police have ever confronted me but what I plan to do when I go back home of course in the company of my lawyer - go ahead and check to see what is really going on." "One of the main points that I want to make is that I have offered and I continue to offer that I am willing to take whatever test necessary to prove - not only take a lie detector but I am willing to pay for it, not because money is like that but because this is that serious. This is an allegation that is that serious. A lie detector test is 99% accurate. I am ready and willing to do that."

Jules Vasquez
"Explain to me the nature of your relationship with this family and the nature of the relationship with the child in question."

"I have no relationship with the child in question; let us start there. My relationship is with the father - I know the mother from way back but my relationship with the family is through the father who is my producer and no it didn't accidentally happen, I didn't brush against her in an accident - none of that - 100% did not happen. I have a son as well and my son would play with them - that the only way we know each other with the family of course that why this situation is so disappointed because we know each other from year go back."

Jules Vasquez
"Are you concern that when you returned to LA after this 19th tour that you might be picked up upon arrival in the United States?"

"Am I concern - I am concern on the level of any human being. I dont want to be in those people hands but am I ready to face whatever allegation - I am 100% ready. This is my life, make no mistake - Lova Boy "Daniel Cacho" is in a fight for his life and there is no way on this earth that I am just going to roll over and die and have somebody quickly destroyed what took me so many years to build up which is my reputation. I am not a perfect human being, by far am I a perfect human being but I can 100% that this is not me and that is not something that I would do or did do. Whether or not - I am mentally strong and I am mentally ready, I know that. I have a lawyer of course and my plan is that I will not wait for someone to come, I've been to the police station, I'll go get my lawyer, we will go to the police station - If they say they want to question me, I will answer any question - I'll take any test and I am confident that I will be vindicated of any charges which I am not aware of any charges, just allegations so far."

"Honestly Jules I am interested in getting this whole situation behind and me and getting back to what Lova Boy does which is create quality music that commands respect from my fans all over the world. That's what I look forward to."

Jules Vasquez
"You recently brought out a very unusual song for you which was a reggae song: Jasmine Lowe."

"Yes, Jasmine Lowe."

Jules Vasquez
"Paying tribute to the mother of Jasmine Lowe and it makes a statement against people who prey on children."

"I am trying to put the pieces together in my head. I found myself getting catch off guard - like I got push into a fight but this fight is for my life, out of the blues and it's almost like what you said - everything that I stand for. Lova Boy is the artist that song Jasmine Lowe. Everyone knows that I have a passion for the youths. One of the things that I do when I am on tour, like if you book me - feel free to check with any promoter that worked with me within that contract, I will make sure that I make an appearance at school or at a youth program or something like that. I just have a passion for the youths, so this is very disturbing to me and I don't take it likely for one second. Understand that Lova Boy is also a human being with a child to raise - I love my son just like how you love yours and that's why we can't take this likely - this has to go to 100% - this has to go to proof beyond a reasonable doubt cause if not you could potentially destroy people over nothing."

LOVA BOY expects to return to the states soon when he may be questioned.

We'll keep you posted.

Channel 7