Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45158 10/30/01 12:57 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I am from the caribbean and have been to over 12 of the islands. However, I am looking forward to visiting Ambergis Caye. I will be visiting with my wife, mom and 8 month old baby. I am looking for a funky place about 10 minutes or so out of San Pedro. Budget is about $100-$150 Per/Room and would like hotel-small inn with excellent beach and restaurant. Please Help!!

#45159 10/31/01 04:15 PM
Don't know if you mean 10 minutes by foot, car or boat but you probably want south of town. Do a search for beaches to get an idea - San Pedro does not have typical caribbean beaches. Banana Beach gets rave reviews but no restaurant. Sunbreeze has what you want but it is in town. Almost any thing north of the river would be more than 10 minutes from town. Don't know what you mean by funky but if you do a search under lodgings by price you will find out what is available. //AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/lodge/lodging.html

#45160 10/31/01 09:20 PM
M
M
We stayed at the Seven Seas Resort,just a short walk to town. They are a very small resort and have an excellent staff. Pool in back of the resort. Dive shop out front. No on-site restaurant, but Papi's Diner is right around the corner (excellent food with great prices!), as well as a grocery and bakery close by. Could not ask for better accomodations, or a better location. You can also rent a golf cart for a day or by the week...reasonable prices. None of the beaches that we saw in San Pedro were what we would call great by Carribean standards, that is, like Cancun,the Playa del Carmen area, Dominican Republic,etc. But you can't beat the people or the atmosphere of S.P. It is wonderful..we hope to go back soon.

Mary and Scott
#45161 11/01/01 10:43 AM
I live between The Belizean Reef Condos and The Palms Condos, I've been in both and they are spectacular inside. The Palms has a small pool and nicely landscaped gardens, the Belizean Reef has no pool, and is less expensive than The Palms. Its like staying in your own luxury apartment for both of these places. Full kitchens, color TVs, daily maid service, air conditioning, very nice staff in both places. They are located about 1/2 block South from the airstrip n the beachfront, and The Palms is located next to Ramone's Village. Ramones has a wonderful dock with an artificial reef under it, they allow anyone to snorkel there.
--Silk www.caribbean-colors.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.