Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35
C
C
Originally Posted by Cooper
No more post from me, or I will be saying sorry to members for having to read all this bullshit..yes I am at fault for the bullshit as well....Good bye..I wont be on this topic again...

Geez.....I'm starting to tear up. OK I'll put that sentence back in my post.... laugh

E
E
Awww, c'mon Cooper, dont let Clover off that easy smile

B
B
I use to come to Belize often , but stopped doing so about a year ago when I had a very unpleasant experiences with robbery during my last visit. I have explored the High and Low of Belize, made many friends along the way, I Love its Beauty and people ..and even imagined about maybe "one day",this Life could be Mine.

I haven't been back for over a year, but in the meantime in "armchair travel fantasy" I have been stalking the various local web sites (such as yours), media reports and even the Belize Police reports to see if the situation has improved.
It's gotten so much worse. There are so many reported incidents of robberies, stabbings , shootings of residents and tourists alike ( and local business and owners like Papaya's , the Butcher Shop, etc).
The "Gansta gang activity, the crime and murder rate, which was primarily concentrated in Belize City, and more rural areas like Orange walk, Dangria and up North, now appears to be spreading to the once enclaved and protected tourist areas of San Pedro and North Shore.
I am very interested in your personal experiences as ex-pats and residents living there now. Do you see Corruption, bribery, greed, brutality by the " Powers That Be" (with entitlement issues) in Belize... as is described in many news reports recently? or is it a fabrication by a "Bonkers", Mr. McAfee ... Is he just a Paranoid "bath salt junkie" having a Narcissistic psychotic episode for all the world see ? " or does he make some valid points and observations... regardless, and no matter what?
I have read blogs on other sites written by ex-pats living in Belize, who have described how the system works on the " Other side of Paradise", They tell of their persecution, unfair treatment, bribery, brutality . Each of us experience Truth differently, its in the Eyes of the Beholder.
Maybe ? some just accept the way it is... play the "Jungle Game" as is expected of them....stay low, well behaved and invisible to the eye ... keep to themselves, and have no Troubles in Paradise? Others may be dependent on the Tourist ( 70% of the economy )and Real Estate industry... and therefor reluctant to shed an bad light ....Others, perhaps more visible to the eye, have to pay a higher ante-up?
Is the local saying True?
" You can have whatever you want in Belize, but it its worth having, You have to pay someone to keep it. " Belizeit

I hear both side of the problem and wondering? what are your experiences?
I have followed the blog from time to time and have seen some of your comments.
Much of this blog is about Mr McAfee and his personality eccentricities , or possible drug use? Have any of you ever done illegal drugs or dank alcohol with John McAfee? or know anyone who says they have ..or think they have? I really don't know, having never met the man... maybe some of you ,who have met him, or know him has a better "knowing" than I. I hear many different opinions and experiences of him .He appears "Unknowable", even to those who Know him, ( or may think they Do. )
( I did read Chris' disturbing first hand report, McAfee being found on his patio in a puddle of urine and did see McAfee's slip of the tongue? or unfortunate word choice , in his own words... about drinking tea to , "sober up")

You are so right to say that too much Sensationalism attention is spent on "Who is John McAfee" , and not ...who killed Mr. Faull ? ...or who killed the many others, more invisible to the eye? and Why?
Is that the Press inadequacies not reporting the True Story ? or..Is there anything behind the voyeur personality piece ?

Belize is a small county , not of great significance to the world economy and World order. But it is a microcosm of the way of the World as nit Is? All eyes are upon it, for the Good or the Bad.
Im just wondering? or can you talk freely on this sight?

Thank you for your time. I Look forward to your responses, if you would be so kind.

E
E
A VERY interesting post.

C
C
Ditto

B
B
Im happy to see you are back, Mr. Clover... I just read your comments through this thread and find what you say to be very valid and interesting.
It can be difficult communicating this way at times, much gets lost in cyberspace translation and intent. I am sure it was just a misunderstanding or different point of view.
But ...I am still waiting to hear of all of your personal experiences with either John McAfee, Mr. Faull, and/or the Powers that Be. ... I am truly interested to know.
You are there, I am not...many of you have lived there for a long time,and know the culture and system better than I .
Some friends and I were considering renting a house in San Pedro ( North Shore) for Christmas this year, but now I am not so sure if it's a good idea. Is there other places in Belize that you might suggest that are not as volatile?
I hear Chaa Creek is wonderful, and they doing something special for the end of the World as we know it ?Maya calendar myth . I understand that this is not a tourist information sight , excuse me for wandering off... just wondering?

Bewitched - Are you for real or just fishing?
Name me any other place in the world that you would not hear about a murder if/when it took place.

I live on the north side of the bridge and - so far - feel very safe. The only crime that has been committed against me is someone who was 'visiting' me stole my lap top and a cleaning person took my dive watch. Couldn't this happen anywhere?

I think what most expats here are concerned about is the attitude of the police - not the number or crimes committed. The fact that hardly anyone is ever captured and those few who are do not get reasonable punishment.

I would like to suggest that you read John McAfees' COMPLETE blog. You may be surprised how rational he can be. I'm not suggesting that you like him - just that you read what he has written instead of just what others have written about him.

One thing I know - John always respected the Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous and NEVER broke his own anonymity until some one else outed him. The word 'sober' means a lot more than just not drinking.

When I started scuba diving my co-workers would express concern for my safety. I would point out to them that I could get hit and killed crossing the street in front of the hospital where I worked. There is danger of some sort everywhere. Do not let fear rule your life.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
A
BewitchedbyBeliz has been banned; he or she only came on the board with strange stories about Belize and only posted in threads related to John McAfee (search the recent posts). We think he is a troll. So is skinny pimp - banned.
FYI, Admin.

F
F
Thanks Admin, I was just about ready to go off on her/him. Now I can be happy today!! grin

D
D
My friend the psych nurse who does profiling for the cops said those two posters were the same person, were trying to conceal their identities as evidenced by the inconsistent prose, punctuation and so on.
Admin also figured out who that was.You can too.

Last edited by Dane; 11/28/12 04:08 PM.
Page 25 of 35 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.