Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
ejmills Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi there,

I will be down in Belize from the end of December through about the 8th of January. I live in Jackson Hole, WY where I do quite a bit of fly fishing, definitely not an expert by any means. I would be in for fly fishing or spinning but really just want to catch a big one. I know, I know, pretty naive. Any suggestions on where exactly I should go which wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. I am young and just trying to get a day in as thrifty as possible.

I haven't planned an itinerary yet, so was going to base it a bit on what y'all say.

Thanks so much!

This is Steve from fishingsanpedro.com

A 1/2 day goes for $225US for either reef or flats.

Tarpon are around and get pretty big. Over the reef there are some good size snapper and grouper.

And of course barracuda put up a great fight.

Where are you staying?

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
M
M
Hey, Steve
We are coming to San Pedro in January, the 1/2 day trip for $225 US, is that for so many people or how much per person for a half day?

$225 is for 2 people, not each.

Where are you staying?

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.

Suggest one day with a guide as noted above - you will be taken to good places for catching, have a chance to visit several habitats and to land a variety of fish.

Then if you like, do some on-your-own from-shore bone-fishing. There are super boney-flats starting just north of Journey's End and running up to about Caye Villas. That's more than a mile of good fishing habitat. This shore fishing is best done early morning and then again late afternoon.

C
C
You may want to consider Caye caulker as you can go fishing here, Fly or reel 1/2 day with some great local guides that go back generations..for 4 people for $125 to $175 U.S. Water taxi is a 20 minute ride south at about $15 R.T.We are a small island , everything is cheaper here. But that osnt make our guides less expierenced.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Originally Posted by Cooper
You may want to consider Caye caulker as you can go fishing here, Fly or reel 1/2 day with some great local guides that go back generations..for 4 people for $125 to $175 U.S. Water taxi is a 20 minute ride south at about $15 R.T.We are a small island , everything is cheaper here. But that osnt make our guides less expierenced.

It's fairly obvious you don't fish.....no one wants to start that late in the day grin

T
t42 Offline
T
You can catch barrcuda any time of the day....

Clover - I don't get your post. They may just decide to stay on Caye Caulker - not that I'm advocating that - but it is an option.
I have friends that own at Sueno del Mar that fly fish. They chose to buy there just so they could shore fish.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.