Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
It is time for the road from the Bridge to Las Terrazas to be paved.

Originally Posted by Chris
It is time for the road from the Bridge to Las Terrazas to be paved.

Yep on that but I have one question. Based on your selection of stopping points, I would assume thats where you live and thats far enough. If your gonna build a road, Build the road all the way north, there are alot of people north of Las Terrazas.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes! at least all the way to Macafee's house so the tour buses can complete the entire Homes Of The Stars Bus Tour.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
A
A
and then stop the road at McAfee's house; we don't need it to go any further.......we like the way it is up north

P
P
There are some who would also like it to stop even before you get to McAfee's. Some of us even bought because we "heard" the road will be improved some day "wink wink" meaning NEVER. Lets hope it stays that way. People who want improved road access should buy where there is improved road access.

And remember when we were promised that nothing larger than a golf cart could cross the bridge? wink wink nod nod.

Now that it is high season I'm seeing some 'sold'signs.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Homes of the Stars Bus Tours! I love it!

Stops could also include the haunts of celebs Michael Douglas, Halle Berry, Madonna (well, maybe), Tiger Woods, Arlett Teran, Bruce Willis, Gene Simmons, Cameron Diaz, Dr. Phil, Marty Casado and many more.

M
M
If we would have wanted to live on an improved road, we would have bought on an improved road! We bought North for a reason. We prefer to take our time in our golf cart, ride our bikes, walk, or take the water taxi. One of the reasons I started coming back to Belize again and again, and then buying here, was because of the sand roads and golf cart/bicycle lifestyle. When I lived out in the Coastal Mountain range in Oregon, I had the same thought process. If I had wanted to live in a fast-paced location with each access to shopping, high population, etc., I would have bought there as well. I will never stop advocating to have ALL personal automobiles removed from the island. I know why visitors come to the island, and what they want when they are visiting there. I was one, and I talk to many now. Money should be spent on providing clean water and sanitary living conditions for those on the island, especially in situations like San Mateo and the DFC, and keeping the island clean, all garbage picked up and recycled, and washed up trashed cleaned daily from the beautiful beaches. Spend the money that it would cost to 'pave' the road North any LED billboards, town clocks, etc, on these more long-term investments, and it will benefit everyone.

Mayahouse Rental, it's pretty hard to use a golf cart, scooter or bike on the "road" during the rainy season so the beach gets clobbered instead.

"Well done" to you and those like you who don't want the road paved. You've succeeded in making the beach our Northern superhighway. I remember when we used to revere and cherish those times when a sea turtle laid her eggs on the beaches. Fat chance of that happening now. As long as the road remains crap the beach traffic will grow.

Champion, paving the road to Las Terrazas would just be a good start. I agree with you, pave it all the way to Mexico but who is listening?

A
A
stop building start loving the life you live ? Done

live life love life live the life you love
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.