• 150ml Condensed Milk (or 10 tbsp)
• 3/4 cups Coconut Milk
• 450g Brown Sugar (a little less than 1lb. 0.9921 lb)
• 115g butter (about a 1/4 lb or 1 stick of butter)
You will also need…
20cm square tin lined with baking parchmentMethod
1. Place the ingredients into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To test for readiness drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (approx 118°C).
3. Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set (about 10 – 15 minutes). You’ll know when you get to the consistency you want. You can also use a stand mixer.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.
Recipe courtesy: Times Caribbean
You can add peanuts to it as well. Somee like also with raisins.