Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#454343 12/30/12 02:14 PM
OP Offline
I know of several groups that have volunteers come to BZ but how do they do it? I feel sure they do not get special visas. When I use to get my passport stamped it states
"remitted to remain om the condition that the holder does not enter info employment paid or unpaid does not engage in any business or profession with out consent of the director of immigration and doe not remain any longer"----then the date

How do people get around this rule for volunteers?

mary
S
S
You need to get a volunteer work permit to volunteer legally. You might get away without but if you get caught...

Online Happy
We brought many teams into Belize and before the teams arrived we got permission from the GOB ministry that they would be under. For teaching teams we worked with the ministry of education. For doctors and dentists we worked with the ministry of health. They would tell us where and what we could do with the teams.

OP Offline
Thanks dabunk, could you send me the names of your contacts I have some kids that want to do some volunteer work this summer. You can send me a PM

mary
Online Happy
We live in PG so it will be different ministers. Check with SP town council and they can let you know the appropriate ministers names.

P
P
Mary, what do you mean kids? I can think of a couple of places that use volunteers and have permission to do so.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.