Page 1 of 2 1 2
#454316 12/29/12 09:48 PM
T
tbay1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
i need information on the ado bus that goes from cancun airport to belize city

tbay1 #454318 12/29/12 11:24 PM
Easy, just get to the bus depot and it will happen, just a thought, but you might want to take a flt from corazol to Belize city or to Sanpedro, it sure beats a bus ride....

Reality..What a concept!
tbay1 #454319 12/29/12 11:34 PM
The ADO website is http://www.ado.com.mx/ado/index.jsp but it is in Spanish. I took the overnite bus last Jan. because we were meeting friends arriving in Belize CIty. It leaves from the Cancun bus depot, not the airport. I found it to be a long day of travelling having left Winnipeg early in the morning. The bus wasn't as cold as some people mentioned. You have to exit the bus, get your luggage and go thru a 'customs' check when you reach the Belize border so no sleeping all nite and there seemed to be alot of speed bumps so the bus was regularily slowing down. The price is good but then you need to pay to get elsewhere if you are not staying in Belize City. I prefer to spend a day or so in Playa del Carmen and take the ADO bus to Chetumal and then the water ferry to San Pedro.

tbay1 #454321 12/29/12 11:46 PM
Are you flying Westjet from Thunder Bay?

tbay1 #454324 12/30/12 07:49 AM
T
tbay1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
yes i am

tbay1 #454328 12/30/12 08:47 AM
T
tbay1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
usually i fly air canada which leaves at 5:00 in the morning and toronto, gets me to cancun at 11:15 in the morning. george morales from get transfers is there waiting and gets us to corozal for the last flight to the island. now westjet has saturday flights direct to cancun which arrives at 3:15. new choices are get george to pick us up and take us to corozal, stay the night at the mirador (very reasonable and clean)and take a morning flight. stay in cancun at the courtyard marriott which has a shuttle every half hour from the airport and just minutes away. stayed there in december, 80. u.s. a night plus taxes. excellent there. take the bus to chetamul and have george pick us up at the bus depot and take us across the border to the plane. if there are other options i'd like to hear

tbay1 #454335 12/30/12 12:38 PM
M
M
Have you heard about the water taxi from Chetumal to Ambergris caye?

I think it's still one boat per day, but in January, the schedule should be back to 2 boats per day.

Have a look at the websites for schedules, fares & trip times...
a) San Pedro Water Jets International:
http://www.sanpedrowatertaxi.com/index.html

b) San Pedro - Belize Express:
http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/

You could get to Chetumal on the day you land, but will arrive late. Several good hotels in Chetumal, or have George pick you up and stay in Corozal.

Or, get the airport shuttle bus to Playa del Carmen, stay there 1 night and bus the next day to Chetumal; connect directly with water taxi (or George).

Do you still need any info about the ADO overnight bus?

tbay1 #454339 12/30/12 01:31 PM
I am flying out of TB this year too.. Maybe we will be on the same flight. smile

MisterB266 #454346 12/30/12 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by MisterB266
Have you heard about the water taxi from Chetumal to Ambergris caye?

I think it's still one boat per day, but in January, the schedule should be back to 2 boats per day.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to be the case. We recently went to and from Chetumal on Water Jets International and when asked, were told that the alternating day schedule between the two services was going to continue.

It's crazy because the boat back to Belize was so packed (on Dec. 20th, right during holiday rush) they were having to turn people away, and we were on stand-by but were lucky enough to get on when one couple with reservations did not show up.

The employee whom I asked said the alternating schedule was started to prevent competition between the two companies. According to him, Water Jets Int'l was killing the other company when they were both running boats head to head.

Strange, eh? I always thought competition was a good thing.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
tbay1 #454353 12/30/12 03:45 PM
tbay, I would mention that crossing the border with a taxi service is much easier than by bus. Worth the extra expense, as with a bus you have to wait for everyone on the bus to get through customs and immigration in both Mexico and Belize. If you are on a tight budget, then by all means, take the bus from Cancun to Belize City, then the water taxi to San Pedro. It will eat up a day and a half on both ends of your vacation though, especially this time of year when Mexico is one hour ahead of Belize.

Change your Latitude
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.