Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: January 3, 2013

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Relatively moist conditions affecting the country.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Cloudy at times today with a few showers mainly along the coast this morning and inland this afternoon. Mostly cloudy tonight with some showers and possible isolated thunderstorms affecting most areas.
Winds: East - northeast 5-15 knots.
Marine Forecast: Today: Winds: E-NE 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 3-5 ft.; a few showers. Outlook: (Friday night):- Winds: E-NE 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 3-5 ft.; a few showers.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 82
Outlook: For Friday and Friday night is for cloudy skies at times with a few showers mainly along the coast.

Tropical Weather Outlook: The Atlantic Hurricane Season ended on November 30, 2012.
Click for our complete daily Tropical Weather Information

WEEKLY WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR BELIZE
Monday-Monday, Dec. 31 2012 to Jan. 7, 2013

A high pressure system centered in the SW Atlantic just west of Bermuda is generating a moist north-easterly airflow over the western Caribbean and Belize. This high is forecast to drift southeastward over the next 48 to 72 hours, causing the airflow over the NW Caribbean to veer to the east and then to the ESE by Thursday and Friday of this week.

Another cold front will move off the Texas coast late New Year day, moving rapidly across the NW and central Gulf of Mexico. However, the cold front will stall in the SW Gulf of Mexico on Thursday. A new surge of cold arctic air will reinforce the continental high pressure system behind the cold front, which will then push the system across the eastern Gulf of Mexico and across NW Yucatan by late Saturday. The GFS model extended forecast move this cold front across Yucatan and Belize by late Sunday and early Monday of next week.

The rains will gradually die off later in the morning on New Year day, giving way to brighter weather with only isolated showers on Wednesday through Friday. Showers with possible thunderstorms will likely begin developing in the north and NW on Saturday, spreading over the rest of the country later on Saturday evening and on Sunday, as the next cold front approaches and cross the country of Belize. Cooler and gusty northerly winds will set in on Saturday morning through early Sunday.

Daily rainfall rates over the sea and coastal regions of Belize will be ranging from 0.25-0.50 of-an-inch on Monday through early Tuesday, New Year Day. Rainfall will then decrease later on Tuesday, with daily totals ranging from 0.10-0.25 of-an-inch over some areas of the hills and in the south. Rainfall will be minimal over most areas on Wednesday through Friday. Rainfall rates will increase on Saturday through Monday, with daily totals of 0.25-0.75 of-an-inch in some localities of the north and the central highlands.

CLICK HERE for the full Belize Weekly Weather Report

Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 29° C
84° F
22° C
72° F
Inland 31° C
87° F
19° C
67° F
Hills 24° C
75° F
17° C
63° F
TIDES:
Low - 7:45 AM High - 2:06 PM
Low - 8:22 PM High - 2:17 AM (FRI.)
Sunrise - 6:24 AM Moonrise - 10:31 AM
Sunset - 5:31 PM Moonset - 11:05 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

Last edited by Marty; 01/04/13 08:00 AM.
[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning its dead calm.The expected high is 82f.
Forgive me for predicting the weather but I've noticed over the years that the windy events like we've had this week seem to end in a rain like we had last night and then we have calm weather like we have right now.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
A
A
Elbert......absolutely gorgeous!
Thank for always staring off my day so beautifully....

You are not only forgiven - you are thanked. I count on you.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
oui oui. amazing pic.... once more!!!!
<deep bow> thank you sir!

Aww shucks guys thanks

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Originally Posted by elbert
Aww shucks guys thanks

Elbert, are you related to Davey Crockett? You must be with that sharp eye of yours.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
B
B
Jeesh Elbert is just sitting there drinking coffee. The party comes to him, not like he has to ready the production photo op team.
He just knows the right spot to have coffee..Ana is trying her hand at the sunrise pix on her morning walk--they are on facebook every morning.

Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
Jeesh Elbert is just sitting there drinking coffee. The party comes to him, not like he has to ready the production photo op team.
He just knows the right spot to have coffee..Ana is trying her hand at the sunrise pix on her morning walk--they are on facebook every morning.

I know as do all the others, but, he does do a great job! Plus its good for his beaten down EGO!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
B
B
Sorry Champ---Good Job Elbert!! Keep em coming. Let me know when you fall off the wagon Elbert because your a blast. Jim

On a personal note--no-one has done more to enrich the diving experience on this island than Senor' Greer. From teaching and creating dive masters for free years ago to keeping it safe now.
A lot of tour guides bitch about him but are the first to admit that they would not be making a living and feeding there families without Elbert. My stepson included.. My hat is off to you my friend.

So how's the ego now?
Jim Hanna

Last edited by belizeonthebeach; 01/04/13 11:07 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.