Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hello everyone,

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Clayton. I live in Victoria, BC, Canada. I visited Belize last summer with my girlfriend. We spent nearly three weeks in your lovely country and, as corny as it sounds, we kind of fell in love with each other there. Four of those days were spent in San Pedro (props to the frozen custard stand, and a "Hello" to the friendly dude from Chicago who runs the sandwich joint).

Now being new and unknown, I hate to ask a favour, but I kind of messed up a bit. You see when we were in San Pedro, my girlfriend and I bought matching rings from one of the street vendors in the main plaza. They weren't expensive rings. I think we got two for $5 USD. The vendor said they were made out of some sort of volcanic rock. I don't know if this was true, but it sounded nice, and we both liked the rings.

Here is what they looked like:

[Linked Image]

Awww, that's kind of nice.

Anyways, after Belize we went to Cancun for four days to unwind and be pampered for a bit.

Here is what happened to my ring after one particular regrettable night in Cancun:

[Linked Image]

As you can guess, she was not too pleased and I felt really bad. Anyways, the short of it is I've been looking online for one of these rings ever since we got back to Canada, without any luck. Do any of you fine people know of some place online to purchase a ring such as this. Alternatively, I would be eternally grateful if any kind soul would be able to pick one of these rings up and ship it to me (I would obviously cover the costs of the ring, shipping, and a little extra for your kindness and time).

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this. Sorry if it's posted in the wrong thread.

You've got a decent chance of finding someone to help you but how would they know what size?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

The ring is made from a stone called hematite. If you can supply the size probably somebody can help you .......

V
V
Hey Clayton!
My wife and I lived in SP for almost 2 years. We live in Vancouver again but are going down in March for 3 weeks. If you get the size, let us know and if it can be found, we'll bring it home for you. Cost of the ring and shipping only from Vancouver should help costs a bit. Post here or PM me.

Cheers!

Last edited by Voxman; 01/25/13 01:31 PM.
Amazon has tons of options. Just search for 4mm, 5mm, or 6mm hematite ring.

Example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp;pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Joanna
M
OP Offline
M
You people are incredible! Thank you so much! I'll give amazon a shot, but will be back if it is unsuccessful. Thank you again. We're hoping to make it back to Belize either this summer or next.

You might get a few, just in case!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
We have bought many over the years and they break very easily

M
OP Offline
M
Yep, found a dude on ebay who's selling a set of 10 for $10. Jumped on that. Thanks again for the help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.